News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• December 02, 2020, 08:46:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 02, 2020, 08:46:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Reasons not to support JF  (Read 3561 times)

Offline westender

• Harvey E Anstey
  • YaBB God
Reasons not to support JF
« on: August 31, 2006, 08:47:41 PM »
How much did the IO pension fund lose in retrocom?
I noticed there was no mention of banning members, a close election (that the contracters pulled out for him) mobility workers in 353 while locals sit at home, screwing the new members( pre-Apprenticeships ) ,refusing to answer questions about the health and welfare fund, reps that give away work, not giveing the members the contract for 18 months, spending money before getting approval from the membership, telling members if you don't like it quit the union, I could keep going but I think you get my point.
I hope our delegates remember some of this when it comes time to vote.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 01:48:15 PM by Tractorman »
STAND TOGETHER Lets put Brother back in Brotherhood.
It's OUR UNION GET INVOLVED OR WATCH IT DISAPPEAR

Offline 353boy

• YaBB God
Reason not to support JF
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 09:22:45 PM »
To westender
I beleive you forgot to mention the fact that we may have white cards working while we have 250 odd brothers out of work... ot counting mobility boys
 among a few other things.
 Good thing we are getting out of town calls, so get out of town while others are working in your hall....now that is brotherhood for you
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 09:44:35 PM by ForumRanger »

Offline jimmy

Reason not to support JF
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 12:06:30 PM »
Someone like to explain to me ( use small words I am an apprentice) how this can be the case.  I would hate to be sitting at home wishing I could be at work yet find out that there are many travellers working in my place.  How is this practice allowed to continue?   Are we asmembers of Local 353 allowed to 'bump' a traveller so that we may be gainfully employed?  

Offline Polar

• YaBB God
Reason not to support JF
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 05:41:02 PM »
What we are allowed to do on any given day seems to depend on what Mood Joe woke up in...   No one else has any say ..  Sad But True..
Lets put our own guys to work first..  Not the rest of the world.

Offline RED

Reason not to support JF
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 08:39:18 PM »
 jimmy
 joe don't allow bumping . He lets the co. get rid of the local 353 member and keep the traveller and white paper. This has gone on as long as he has bin in dictator ship.. To get rid of the member,the co. the transferes him to some place he don't want to go and the co. puts the member down as quit if they do not go.

Offline jimmy

Reason not to support JF
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 01:01:31 AM »
Thanks for the information.  I don't doubt your word brother, on this or any topic I had to ask because I have not seen anything in print from our hall regarding this issue.  Can you believe that I still do not have a copy of our agreement or a copy of our Union Bylaws.  When I last asked for some information at the hall nobody could locate the documents I requested.  Makes me sometimes wonder if I did the right thing joining a Union.  I am grateful, don't get me wrong, I just thought things would be so different.

Offline westender

• Harvey E Anstey
  • YaBB God
Reason not to support JF
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 11:58:17 PM »
Jimmy what you are seeing is a union administration that has lost touch with why they are there. The union is only as strong as we make it. If the membership is involved and is asking questions the union can work for us. When you only have 40-60 guys out at every union meeting the administration is going to do what they want. After about 6-9 years they all turn into politicians and the two things every politician desires are 1) GET RE-ELECTED 2) KEEP THE MEMBERSHIP UNINFORMRD SO YOU CAN GET RE-ELECTED. We must show up at the meetings and demand to know where are money is going. You bring up a few good points so show up next meeting and ask the questions.

Offline Polar

• YaBB God
Reason not to support JF
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 01:57:57 AM »
Put me in Charge of the Mic.   Then I have reason to attend Meetings..
Lets put our own guys to work first..  Not the rest of the world.

Offline westender

• Harvey E Anstey
  • YaBB God
Reason not to support JF
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 08:21:03 PM »
run for president than you would control the mike.

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
Re: Reasons not to support JF
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 02:40:18 AM »
The Incumbents' "appointed" officers get the advantage of getting in office before the elections.

How much did the IO pension fund lose in retrocom?
I noticed there was no mention of banning members, a close election (that the contracters pulled out for him) mobility workers in 353 while locals sit at home, screwing the new members( pre-Apprenticeships ) ,refusing to answer questions about the health and welfare fund, reps that give away work, not giveing the members the contract for 18 months, spending money before getting approval from the membership, telling members if you don't like it quit the union, I could keep going but I think you get my point.
I hope our delegates remember some of this when it comes time to vote.