Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 02, 2021, 07:14:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Ed Hill Overturns 353 Trial Board Decision  (Read 8932 times)

Offline Lee

• This side of Peace
Ed Hill Overturns 353 Trial Board Decision
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2007, 01:14:25 AM »
Let's look at the comments made on the floor of the IBEW International Convention by the local 353 President, while speaking in favour of a resolution to support IBEW Power Hour website on the Internet...

------------------------------------

International President Hill: Thank you, Brother O’Donnell

Mike2, Brother Stevens

Delegate Barry Stevens, Local No.353: Thank you, Brother Hill I’m the President of Local 353 Toronto and I would like to thank the delegates and the President for allowing me to speak once again on the microphone.

These are parasites within our own organization. It is unbrotherly what they do. They expose ourselves to the whole world.

It’s the rogue sites- Mr. President, you have to do something about these members that operate these rogue Web sites. They have to be brought to task. Thank you.  

------------------------------------

Why doesn't he make a difference on this site then?? I dont know that much about organizing for example, so why doesn't BS start a thread on it??

Unbrotherly?? UNBROTHERLY???

EVERYTIME YOU TAKE A VOTE, BS PRES OF 353, YOU ALREADY DECIDED WHAT YOU WANTED. OH HERE'S ANOTHER GUY BASHING ME!! MR PRES. YOUR ACTIONS AGAINST PS AND BG AND OTHERS IS DOWNRIGHT DEPLORABLE!!!

IS THAT ANYWAY FOR A BROTHER TO ACT. EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN COUNT HANDS IN LESS THAN SAY 10 OR 15 SEC WHILE YOUR NOT EVEN LOOKING AT THE MEMBERS DIRECTLY!!!!

I'VE SEEN YOU DO THIS BEFORE AT OTHER SPECIAL MEETINGS!!

I AM NOT FULL OF SHIT AND IF I AM THEN HELP ME OUT AND EXPLAIN IT TO ME!!

_Lee
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 11:33:33 AM by ForumRanger »

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
Ed Hill Overturns 353 Trial Board Decision
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009, 01:57:24 AM »
The following is an OCR scan of a letter I recieved from IBEW President Ed Hill today March 19, 2007...

March 14, 2007

Dear Brother Speranza,

This is in response to your letter dated January 2, 2007, in which you appeal a decision rendered by International Vice President Phillip Flemming, dated December 8, 2006. In his decision, Vice President Flemming granted your appeal regarding Article XXV, Section 1, sub sections (b), (d), and (j) but upheld the trial board with respect to subsections (a) and (e).

I have reviewed Vice President Flemming's file concerning this matter and the materials contained therein. As Vice President Flemming found that you "posted or permitted to be posted on the OurLocal353 Web site material that you knew or should have known to be untrue, that would affect the reputation of Local 353, which is contrary to the oath described in Article XX; Section 4. "

In operating the OurLocal353.ca Web site, and requiring registration before anyone could post, you exercised what I consider reasonable control over the subject matter that was posted. In a forum of this nature, it would be unreasonable to expect the webmaster to inspect every conversation as to its accuracy and whether it violated a provision of the IBEW Constitution. However, this would in no way excuse a member who posts libelous material, or statements that violate the IBEW Constitution on the Web site. To me, the key point is that you did not post the inaccurate statement about Business Manager Fashion.

I agree with Vice President Flemming that charges against members and officers should not be posted on Web sites such as yours. Allowing the posting of unproven charges in this manner only invites a trial of IBEW affairs by public opinion and may be detrimental to the local union and to the IBEW. I believe, however, that in this case, only the member who posts the information should be held accountable for his actions. I did not find any evidence submitted during the hearing that you personally and purposely posted inaccurate information or information detrimental to the local union or the IBEW on your Web site.

Moreover, "a fair and impartial hearing" requires that the trial board be made up of impartial jurors. In this case, I note that the majority of trial board members were also employees of the local, and thus, employees of the charging party, and should have excused themselves from sitting on this case.

Accordingly, I have decided to sustain your appeal and reverse the decision of the Local Union 353 Trial Board. By copy of this letter; I direct the local union to return all monies paid by you toward the trial board assessment.

Finally, it is my understanding that the IBEW logo has been removed from the Web site. I am directing you to assure that it does not again appear on the Web site.

With best wishes, I am fraternally yours,
Edwin D. Hill
International President

EDH:ceb
Copy to Phillip Flemming, International Vice President, IBEW First District
Joseph M. Fashion, Business Manager, IBEW Local Union 353

http://ourlocal353.ca/forums/index.php?topic=1079.0

Fashion: ... Perry swore an oath to uphold the Constitution, but now he says the Charters of Rights overcomes the Constitution. That's a quote. So if the Charter of Rights overcomes the Constitution, that means that the Constitution in Canada is now meaningless. I submit that this is false and the Constitution still prevails and in fact if Brother Speranza thinks the Constitution is meaningless, again he is not upholding his oath in the Constitution and again we find he's convicting himself.