Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 02, 2021, 06:26:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: ECAO Challenges Collective Agreement  (Read 13667 times)

Offline slowhand

ECAO Challenges Collective Agreement
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2008, 10:01:02 PM »
The contractors had approached the IBEW at negotiations on this issue and wanted to get rid of the clause. I was told by a very reliable source who was there that they were told to “f**k off”.

Think about this for a minute, why would the contractors be looking to get rid of that clause? Is it because they are genuinly concerned about younger members being discriminated against? Or do they just want to be sure they won't get stuck having to employ older electricians who are not as good at running as younger ones.

When you stop to think about this it is maddening because it is true that local 353 members can not retire before the age of 62. So we owe it to the older brothers to stick up for them. Unless it is true and brotherhood is dead and the contractors call the shots. :(
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 10:03:15 PM by slowhand »

Offline Chief

« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2008, 11:10:00 PM »
No it is not brother just uninformed for now. This site has made a difference and brought issues of importance to the membership to question as they see fit. So far they don't like the answers given by the ones in charge. There is change coming and it is for the better of this great union
I have heard that the contractors want to use section 20 to cancel the raise from the "Me To" clause. Is this a rumor? If not I wonder how Joe will blame that one on Perry?

Offline irish2

• YaBB God
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2008, 02:26:32 PM »
well Chief it would be a good thing in the long run for us if the contractors did as you say and used sec 20 to cancel our raise then members might wake up and see giveing up the right to strike was and allways will be a bad idea for the members of local 353 the only thing contractors worry about is the bottom line and that is money and they dont make any if we dont work and our time at work is the only real chip we have so lets get it back and getting it back does not mean useing it but its there if we are left with no other choice remember you need chips to play poker and i am tired of not having some chips on our side of the table

Offline stonecoldsteve

« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2008, 04:23:19 PM »
Irish2,

It's good to see that you have woken up because you were nowhere on this forum when others were warning about the renewal of the joint proposal!

Here you go   http://www.ourlocal353.ca/forums/index.php?board=19;action=display;threadid=1289

No comment from you but now you comment on every topic with one sentence and they all say wait till June and can't wait to see those guys back on the tools. That's great but how long are you going to keep saying the same f#@&ing thing in every topic ::)

Plus all the things you cant understand you relate to little green men from mars. ;D

You sound like an someone in his eighties that grew up in the fifties when everything was bout little green men from mars. ;D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 04:29:10 PM by stonecoldsteve »

Offline irish2

• YaBB God
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2008, 08:06:10 PM »
well stonecoldsteve        go look at my last 50 on more posts and show me where i say wait till june in every topic you should learn to read and as far as the joint proposal the last post on it was jan 6th i did not log on here till the 15th i was allways against it and if you belive you have to post it here to be against it GROW UP  you need to be a little less smug and check your facts first and as for the little green men from mars was used just once so here they are again just for you little green men are you one of them because i think maybe you dont understand as much as you think you do so good luck growing up and next year in grade 2   yours in brotherhood  irish2

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2008, 08:48:10 PM »
Hey... hey now! ???

What's all this then?

Stonecoldsteve and Irish2...

Step away from the keyboard! ;D

I thought this topic was about the 50 and over clause?

Does anyone want to know about the first day at the Labour Board last Friday?
I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!

Offline irish2

• YaBB God
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2008, 08:52:54 PM »
SURE PERRY WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT HAPPENED    POST AWAY

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2008, 09:00:34 PM »
Sorry I can't talk about it. ;)

At least I'm not sure if I can or not... I know that the witness who was giving testimony when we adjoured was warned by vice chair not to discuss his testimony thus far with anyone.

I'm not sure if it means I'm not allowed to discuss the hearing but I will check and see what I can discuss. In my mind it is important to keep IBEW members informed about what is going on as long as it does not compromise our position. Actually discussing what was said thus far should not compromise our case because the other side already knows what was said and discussing it would only serve to inform you.

But I will ask to make sure and if it does not break any laws or impact our position I will inform you as well as I can.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 09:11:12 PM by PSperanza »

Offline irish2

• YaBB God
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2008, 09:23:34 PM »
GOOD ENOUGH FOR NOW HOPE TO HEAR MORE SOON AND HOPE ITS GOOD NEWS  GOOD LUCK

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
Re: ECAO Challenges Collective Agreement
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2009, 12:56:31 AM »
So... back to the case at the OLRB, it has been a while and there are reasons for the delays. Two members of the panel suffered heart attacks and the case had to be postponed. I'm not sure but I hope both have made a full recovery and will continue in their positions on the panel.

We scheduled for hearings on June 11, 2009 at the Ontario Labour Relations Board on University Ave in Toronto. The counsels for the IBEW CCO and the ECAO will be making their arguments.

Should be very interesting.

Offline 353boy

• YaBB God
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2009, 01:28:55 AM »
this is directed to the forum
Seeing how the IBEW sees it fit to use our money to defend the contractors...
 should we not be privy to the happening behing the scenes and just what minsky and his gang are up to ..."""on our behalf"""

Since we were not asked to spend that money....WE should be kept up to date""""

Just a simple thought from a trained monkey

what does the rest of the forum thinksssssss

Offline Jim Upper

• is it GTU or GFY
  • YaBB God
  • learning through debate
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2009, 12:46:46 PM »
So... back to the case at the OLRB, it has been a while and there are reasons for the delays. Two members of the panel suffered heart attacks and the case had to be postponed. I'm not sure but I hope both have made a full recovery and will continue in their positions on the panel.

We scheduled for hearings on June 11, 2009 at the Ontario Labour Relations Board on University Ave in Toronto. The counsels for the IBEW CCO and the ECAO will be making their arguments.

Should be very interesting.

Very interesting for sure Perry!

I didn't know this was before the board, it might explain why our new "V.K. Mason ICI Collective Agreement"1 is void of this clause. By leaving it out of future agreements our union would leave this part of worker protection up to the individual to defend themselves, make contractors happy and save the L.U.'s money. Looks win win for contractors and union and a loss for the members. Currently the Executive Board can't even get a list of names from the unemplyed list let alone a member getting a list of members ages that remain on a jobsite after being laid off. 

1- was explained on our dispatch line as an ICI agreement but is titled "Collective Agreement"
Threats and lies are the work of the desperate people that attack me.  Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth~Albert Einstein  RIP

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2009, 02:35:49 PM »
The latest and final hearing date at the OLRB took place this past Monday September 21, 2009. Both counsels presented their final arguments and the Vice Chair Harry Freedman is now in the process of working of his decision.