Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2021, 02:03:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Elect New Blood to the E-Board  (Read 832 times)

Offline Tractorman

• Sitting at the hall, waiting for a call.
Elect New Blood to the E-Board
« on: April 14, 2005, 12:25:06 PM »
It would be nice to see some new faces entering our local politics, someone who's willing to get involved.

I hope we have some members who are willing to step up to the plate in order to give our membership a choice. It's the bottom of the ninth and we need more runners on base.  ;)

Your moment of Zen; of all the laments the saddest are these, what might have been.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 01:40:54 AM by Tractorman »
Seize the day, and speak out against tyranny, and corporate unionism.

Offline bluecollar

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 10:18:51 PM »
Where are all the candidates? Come on brothers and sisters we need alternatives, don't wait to long, get in the campaign!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 01:43:52 AM by Tractorman »

Offline REDONE

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 10:22:18 PM »

You guys are right. We need New E board members to help get this local back on track.

Offline DavidBrown

• Dave
  • Question Authority
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 08:27:22 PM »
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Elect DAVID BROWN To The Executive Board[/move]

Greetings sisters, and brothers, my name is David Brown, and I am a proud member of the IBEW local 353. I have heard it said many times over the last few years that the membership needs new blood, new ideas, and so I would like to inform you that I intend to run for an Executive Board position, in our local’s upcoming June elections.

My primary reason for running is, not only do I want to learn more about our local’s inner workings, but I would like to offer my assistance in anyway that I can in order to make things progress, to help refine our local into a shinning example of the way, I think, unions should be, Transparent, Proud, and Powerful.

Although my experiences are few, they include the successful organization of two electrical contractors, Ultra-Tek in1994, and Network in 1999. I am an Active member on the Committee On Political Education, having served as a scrutineer for the NDP in the last provincial by-election. I have volunteered my services as a Shop Steward, as well as being elected as a Teller in our last union election. I have also completed various courses on unionism, including Labour Studies, Shop Steward, not to mention being sponsored by our local on three separate occasions, attending weeklong courses on Political Activism, Communications & Media Relations, and Global Solidarity respectively.

However my primary concern is that you, the membership, convey your issues, become politically active, and get out to Vote. Every single Vote will be crucial in this next election to ensure your candidate is successful. And finally, I would like you to consider voting for me, David Brown, as one of your six Executive Board choices. What I lack in experience, I’ll make up for in dedication. Thanks for taking time to read my literature.

Fraternally yours,

David Brown