News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• October 24, 2020, 11:09:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2020, 11:09:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: New Election Rules Needed  (Read 4032 times)

Offline CommBoy

• 2nd Generation IBEW Member, Since 1947
  • A New Role Model for ABJ & OurLocal353.CA
New Election Rules Needed
« on: November 21, 2007, 05:52:47 PM »
New Election Rules Needed!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 02:15:09 PM by CommBoy »
Unity, Brotherhood & Loyalty.  A Template for Building A Stronger Union Tomorrow - Today

Offline stonecoldsteve

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 06:26:39 PM »
If the election process was flawed, as they allege, then change the system.  It's pretty straight forward.

Ok but make it better not worse.

Offline CommBoy

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 07:04:54 PM »
Sister Commguy when will you stop using men's names?

I've grow tired of your myriad psuedo male identities.  

Do you ever read your crap or does it go straight from your mixed up brain to the computer then the send button?

Get help before someone declares you mentally unstable.    

What, you having trouble with that pesky computer.  No, you've got to be kidding.

How much time have you spent trying to clean your computer to ensure BS hasn't invaded your sacred private domain.  It must disappoint you having your secret identities revealed.  

What, you are now looking for a job outside the trade?  You've got to be joking.  You'd leave the very fraternal organization that fought the good fight for the unborn.  Fought the good fight for commgal's.  Fought the good fight to bring democracy and travel allowance for JW's who live and work north of highway #7.  You want to leave all of that behind?

Pinch yourself and then you will realize what a horrible mistake that would be.

Commguy, we are better off with you working along side those committed brothers who are working at the Hall.  

Join us in worker solidarity as we sing the union theme song.  That has a BS riff to it.  BS does do that solidarity thing pretty good.  Don't you think.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 07:39:14 AM by CommBoy »
Unity, Brotherhood & Loyalty.  A Template for Building A Stronger Union Tomorrow - Today

Offline commguy353

• JUST CALL ME KATHY!!!!!!!
  • YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 06:47:43 AM »
It seems silly little phrases and spelling mistakes are almost as good as DNA...... ;D

Oh.......the hatred for a female comm worker seems to be a bit if a tell as well.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 06:49:01 AM by commguy353 »

Offline CommBoy

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 11:24:58 PM »
Dear Erik,

is it true that you have been banished for 4 years?

please bottle and sell plenty of your political potion to the boys in LU 353.

there is a market for your special kind of cool-aid.

sorry, but the less i see of you on these boards, the better my life and the ibew is for it.

one thing.  how is it that every i.o. rep knows that you unfurled the CUSW banner at the protest rally?

do you think that was one of your finer moments in the political sunshine.

smart union politicians of any political strip need to steer one 100 hundred miles from Klyne and Speranza.  it may seem fashionable to play footsie now and again, but when dealing with the mainstream members, you both carry way too mucy baggage.

love you later my dearest friend Erik.    

Offline rigid

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 08:38:51 AM »
Erik,

you might have to explain Scissor locks. It has been a while since some of the people in the office have been in the field. They tend to forget what we do out there.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 02:56:36 PM »
The fact that I can stand up in any OPEN venue, free from censorship, and debate any issue BUT all 424 officers are afraid to, even your hero Wade Ashton, speaks volumes to the membership.

Keep crying.  :'( Anonymously, and behind closed doors, it's what you all do best.  ;)

Election rules

1. NO mail-in ballots.

2. Election Judge is voted for by the members. To have incumbant officers appoint Election Judge reeks of partiality.

3. Maximum 4 walk-in voting poll stations.

4.  Polls opened early and metal ballot box with scissor locks to accomodate all candidates locks to ensure safe-keeping until the ballot count.

Eric,

That's an excellent post!

We don't need to chnage the bylaws, we just need to have a real elected election board that would consider options to have better well located polls with updated foolproof ballot boxes with scissor locks! So there would be know worries about having to leave ballots locked up for whatever reason.(not that I recommend that) Ballots should always be counted as soon as possible after they are collected. The security measures are more for the period when the boxes are transported from the polls to where they are counted.

I know that at the poll I attended at the people there were not properly trained to know the procedure of locking, taping and siging the tape to ensure that the contents of the boxes could not be distubed in any way.
I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 03:21:27 AM »
The fact that I can stand up in any OPEN venue, free from censorship, and debate any issue BUT all 424 officers are afraid to, even your hero Wade Ashton, speaks volumes to the membership.

Keep crying.  :'( Anonymously, and behind closed doors, it's what you all do best.  ;)

Election rules

1. NO mail-in ballots.

2. Election Judge is voted for by the members. To have incumbant officers appoint Election Judge reeks of partiality.

3. Maximum 4 walk-in voting poll stations.

4.  Polls opened early and metal ballot box with scissor locks to accomodate all candidates locks to ensure safe-keeping until the ballot count.

I guess we are back to questions like these now... these and putting in place a motion to allow for a Special Election Publication paid for by the local union as per the IBEW Election Guide.

We should address the use of the local union's websites for campaign purposes in that motion and it wouldn't hurt to clarify the role of local union newsletter as a possibel tool for the incumbents... as well as the telephony machine that the BM uses to for helpful reminders.

Oh and what to do about those pesky contractors... do we set some ground rules or will candidates for local union office be required to compete for their favour? This poses a dilemma for some because it can conflict with what is best for the members.

That is one thing I have a problem with. :(

Oh and what about those exuberant union reps who can't resist taking an hour's holiday time whenever they feel like campaigning for Joe. ;D

I wonder if Joe would have a problem with reps taking their holidays one hour at a time whenever they decided to campaign for someone other than him ???

Yeah that's crazy talk I know... but it just occured to me... and this is an open and forum you know. ;)

The reps were out there promoting the most recent "Important Union Issue" more commonly known as the motion to de-democratize our local union election rules so we could be more a efficient business operation and not be embroiled in democratic competition that may cause a change of administration.

I'm sure I've left something out but I just want shake everyone from their holiday cheer a little and start thinking about some of those tedious chores that democracy demands of us. :-\  
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 03:22:12 AM by PSperanza »
I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!