News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• December 01, 2020, 11:32:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2020, 11:32:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: The time for change is NOW - Henryk Stala's Campaign flyer  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Henryk Stala

I.B.E.W. Local 353 Election
On June 19,2008 Elect
HENRYK STALA
For
EXECUTIVE BOARD

I am a proud member of I.B.E.W. since 1989.
Presently I serve as a member of Improve the Union Committee and Human Rights Committee.

In my native country, which is the member of the European Union, I completed university study at the Electrical Engineering Institute and also obtained the electrical work supervision license and held many supervisory positions.

In Ontario I wrote and attained the Master license in 1993. I have completed so many courses, but I will only mention some of them, like: Fire Alarm-Level IV, Electrical Estimation, Computer Assisted Design-AutoCAD and Advance Computer Course at our Union Training Centre.

Beside of the union activities, I voluntary served, from 2003 ‘till 2007 as an elected member on the Board of Directors of Metro Toronto Condominium Corporation MTCC#1285 as a Director, V-ce President and President of the Board.

My hobbies include: cycling, chess (with “Polonia Chess Club” I won 2002 GTA (Greater Toronto Area) Chess League Championship and 2002 GTA Cup) ...... and DanceSport.
I won many competitions in Ontario and was in the Final of Canadian Dancesport Championships in Pre-Championship Category and I am recognized by many members at our dancing social events.

I am not a stranger to the office environment and I have many years of electrical trade experience.

Brothers and Sisters, I believe that our Local deserves people with knowledge and experience and who can bring the needed changes.
My decision to run for the Executive Board is not motivated by running against anybody, because we should be united, but rather an honest desire to bring democracy and brotherhood and I intend to serve the interest of all members.

On June 19, 2008 elect
HENRYK STALA
For the
EXECUTIVE BOARD

T H E    T I M E   F O R   C H A N G E  I S   N O W

Offline Henryk Stala

Re: The time for change is NOW - Henryk Stala's Campaign flyer
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 01:41:40 PM »
Brothers and Sisters,
I encourage you to vote at any of the 12 Polling Stations; conveniently located all around Greater Toronto Area (see below for more information)

or contact Br. Glen Mac Donald – Election Judge, (ASAP) at The Union Hall, to get the absentee ballot.
To get that you have to send a written request, with your signature (mail or fax) and it will send to your mailing address.

POLLING STATIONS         
         June 19,2008         

LOCATION      CONTACT INFORMATION         BOOKING STATUS

1.   COMFORT INN      905-895-3355         BOOKED
   1230 Journeys End Circle               
   Davis Dr & 404               
   NEWMARKET  L3Y 8Z6               

2.   IBEW 353      WEST END UNION HALL         BOOKED
   3185 Orlando Dr               

3.   DELTA MEADOWVALE      905-821-1981         CONTRACT RECEIVED
   6750 MISSISSAUGA Rd.               
   STREETSVILLE  L5N 2L3               

4.   SHERATON PARKWAY NORTH      905-881-2121         CONTRACT RECEIVED
   600 Highway 7 East               
   RICHMOND HILL,  L4B 1B2               

5.   DELTA TORONTO EAST      416-299-0562 EXT.2002         CONTRACT RECEIVED
   2035 KENNEDY ROAD               
   SCARBOROUGH, M1T 3G2               
   ( KENNEDY RD  &  HWY 401 )               

6.   HOLIDAY INN      905-855-2000         BOOKED
   2125 North Sheridan Way               
   MISSISSAUGA, L5K 1A3               
   ( QEW  &  ERIN MILLS PKWY )               

7.    ROYALTON      905-851-2325         CONTRACT RECEIVED
   8201 Weston Road               
   VAUGHAN, L4L 1A6               

8.   UNION HALL      416-510-3530         BOOKED
   1377 Lawrence Ave.East               

9.   TORONTO TRANSIT UNION               TO BE BOOKED
   STATION               

10.   SUPER 8      905-428-6884         CONTRACT RECEIVED
   210 Westnet Road S               
   WESTNEY ROAD  &  401               
   AJAX,  L1S 7P9               

11.   HOLIDAY INN      905-576-5101, EXT.6605         CONTRACT RECEIVED
   1011 Bloor Str.E      AMANDA                
   OSHAWA, L1H 7K6               

12.   HOLIDAY INN      905-792-9900, EXT.6321         CONTRACT RECEIVED
   30 Peel Centre Drive               
   BRAMPTON , L6T 4G3               
   ( QUEEN  &  DIXIE )               

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:45:59 PM by Henryk Stala »

Offline icyman

• Get Real.....Too much of one thing is good for nothing
  • YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 07:30:21 PM »
You told us your life story, now tell us what change you would make.
Life is all about Ass; You're either Covering it, Laughing it Off, kicking it, Kissing it, Busting it, Trying to get a Piece of it or Behaving like One !!!

Offline Chopin

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 11:45:41 PM »
Yes, it’s time for change, but we must first clean the house!
That’s the most important change!

Can you imagine regaining democracy or brotherhood in our Local 353, what was mentioned in that campaign flyer, with the same ignorant people on the top and 4(or more) old buddies in the Executive Board?
We have to know who we are electing to the E-Board, because 1 or 2 good guys on the Board will be simple ignored by the rest ….
So to make change we must do our job, get to the pooling stations and vote for the best people, not for those who already have failed.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 11:47:19 PM by Chopin »

Offline icyman

• YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 05:07:14 PM »
You told us your life story, now tell us what change you would make.

No answers from this guy, as far as I'm concerned he isn't even good for making soap. >:(
Life is all about Ass; You're either Covering it, Laughing it Off, kicking it, Kissing it, Busting it, Trying to get a Piece of it or Behaving like One !!!

Offline jsinc

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 05:48:58 PM »
And exactly who was the person that decided the amount and locations of the polling stations.....was it Br.McDonald or the Fashion admin. ????

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 06:40:58 PM »
I'm sure brother Stala is perfectly capable of defending himself and I'm sure he will answer your questions but let me give you my impressions of brother Stala.

He is present at all union meetings and and participates as much as anyone by staying throughout the meeting and making his vote count. Critisizing a brother for not being a frequent speaker at the microphone is not very fair because in my opinion there could be more participation from many others who now are standing as candidates for positions as officers.

I have spoken with him many times and he has enlightened opinions on union issues and democracy. That said I look forward to brother Stala's response to your questions.
I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!

Offline icyman

• YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 09:13:58 PM »
Tell me, isn't this the guy who manned the phones in the '05 election? ???

Offline John Hazel

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 06:29:23 AM »
Most importantly...

Bob Gullins nominated this brother.

Simple, but harmless...

Keep dancing Fred Astair, the local needs a ballroom dancer!

Offline TheCritic

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 09:03:07 AM »
Barry/John Hazel

Posted on: Today at 05:29:23 AMPosted by: John Hazel 

Most importantly...

Bob Gullins nominated this brother.

Simple, but harmless...

Keep dancing Fred Astair, the local needs a ballroom dancer!

Another pathetic posting Barry and not worthy of comment.  Don't you get tired of not contributing anything positive?  An asshole til the end. 

Eric, a bit of background on Henryk you wouldn't know.  Henryk is of Polish decent with a very heavy accent and he means well and is not critical of anyone I know.  This is not reflected in his literature.  As far as I know he means well and is just living his life. He appears to recognize incompetence when he sees it and appears to want to be part of the group to reintroduce honesty, integrety, accountability and brotherhood to L.U. 353.  I can't fault him for that.

Secondly Barry, I would take Henryk over Gary, Barry, Joe, George, Rob, Steve, and anyone else on the Fashion slate any day, because he is at least an honest individual.  Your literature is saturated with lies and deception to cover up your track record.  You know it and a huge portion of the membership recognize it.

And finally, to the Administrator of this site.  I speak the truth and will defend any claim I have made.  The proof is in their campaign literature and the flyers they circulate without a name on them.  That's because they don't want to be sued for libel, and may well be.

That's the way I see it anyway and my opinions are as valid as anyones.

The Critic

Offline Henryk Stala

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 04:13:40 AM »
Hi everybody!

First of all I’d like to thank those brothers who reply to my post.
But special thanks to Brothers: Chopin (Reply #3), PSperanza (Reply #7) and “TheCritics” (Reply # 10).
I had some problems with my password, but BR. Chopin get the point and already give the answer to “icyman” - Read again reply #3.

To “icyman” I can say:
Chopin has given you already the answer and if you need to talk to me, you know who I’m; you have my picture and my name.
I don’t know who you are, so say hi to me (at the meeting), say that you are “icyman” and I will be pleased to give you all the answers you need.

I get some private messages in my inbox and I have answered immediately to them – maybe one was from you, iceman?

I think I’m better than one who can not make the soup, iceman. ;)
Read my profile!
Did you obtain Electrical Engineering Degree or pass Master License?
If I was good for that or to be elected as Board of Directors member and serve as V-ce President and President of the Corporation, so…….

You can get to reply # 7 and 10 and read what people who know me are telling you,
or as I mentioned earlier ,please  introduce yourself at the meeting and we can talk.
I hope that you are a nice guy.... 8) :-\

Offline John Hazel

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 09:32:14 AM »
Henry you are a decent chap. 

Unfortunately, your sense of judgement regarding your political friends is somewhat fuzzy, but all things considered, good luck Regarding Henry.

Offline icyman

• YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 07:39:22 PM »
To “icyman” I can say:
Chopin has given you already the answer and if you need to talk to me, you know who I’m; you have my picture and my name.
I don’t know who you are, so say hi to me (at the meeting), say that you are “icyman” and I will be pleased to give you all the answers you need.

I get some private messages in my inbox and I have answered immediately to them – maybe one was from you, iceman?

I think I’m better than one who can not make the soup, iceman.
Read my profile!
Did you obtain Electrical Engineering Degree or pass Master License?
If I was good for that or to be elected as Board of Directors member and serve as V-ce President and President of the Corporation, so…….

You advocate change and you do not tell me what you will do to change things at the hall. I want to hear answers from you not chopin. You are the one that is running for office not him.

Being a good electrician does not make you a good officer. I have also obtained my master license but that per se does not make me executive material, it only makes me an electrician.

To get my vote you must show me that your worthy of the position, dancing around the question does not show me leadership, just politics.

Offline Henryk Stala

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 01:22:58 AM »
Hi icyman,
I’ve sent you my answer to your inbox. Hope you introduce yourself and we’ll have further conversation….

Offline westender

• Harvey E Anstey
  • YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 10:58:47 PM »
I also know Henryk he is a hard working honest intelligent brother that has nothing but the best interest of the local at heart. I have found that he is always ready to listen to all points of view and than make up his own mind.
STAND TOGETHER Lets put Brother back in Brotherhood.
It's OUR UNION GET INVOLVED OR WATCH IT DISAPPEAR