News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• December 04, 2020, 03:53:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2020, 03:53:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Tip for Young Hussey  (Read 2012 times)

Offline DOCTOR/DEMOCRACY

Tip for Young Hussey
« on: July 24, 2008, 12:32:58 AM »
Dear Jr.

You have been given an enormous opportunity.  You can either learn to stand on your own two feet and figure out right from wrong on your own.  Or you'll make the fatal mistake and be used by a whole bunch of people with agenda's of their own.

When you win elected office, and it is an honour, you bear an enormous responsibility to rise above the political rancour. 

Good luck in your new position.  You have a good father and come from a great blood line. 

Bring some ideas to the table beyond the chatter from the 2% crowd.  Put your own stamp on your victory, and don't get dragged down the road by disgruntled people who thrive off negativity.

Your dad worked for Joe for 10 years.  Joe hired your dad and dismissed him.

I remember the time when your dad and another rep yelled to Joe in the spring of 1999 "Joe, it's time for your nap Joe.  Joe get your nurse to change your dipper."

Those comments came at a time when the Brewery Workers were about to face certain defeat.  And did. 

I know your dad was conflicted back then, but he made some choices that I know he regrets. 

Creating a religion of hate for Joe only goes so far.

It's your turn to create a legacy that Jack Hussey would be proud of. 

Remember, you will be mentored by people who will help you grow as a union leader.  Don't look at it any other way than a brotherly gesture. 

Remember, you are representing all of us, not just a few brothers.  Make good on your youth and good luck. 

And best wishes in your recent marriage.  There is some much needed balance in your life.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 12:36:13 AM by DOCTOR/DEMOCRACY »

Offline commguy353

• JUST CALL ME KATHY!!!!!!!
  • YaBB God
Re: Tip for Young Hussey
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 05:21:39 PM »
You have been given an enormous opportunity.

Hey Knucklehead....Nobody gave him anything...........he was elected.

Offline rsharpe

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 05:33:25 PM »
Jack Hussey was one of the best that I ever worked for. He was honorable and fair,something that seems to be missing in our local now. I know Jack would be proud of Jeff.
Once again Jeff congratulations, it's great to see a young person take an interest in our union

Offline Polar

• YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:37:34 PM »
Perry,  Is there not a way to block an IP address from obtaining more than one account? 

Barry must have 20 accounts by now..  Kind of Ironic.. for a guy that claims this site is a cancer..

Even he realizes the membership may learn something here  ;D

Lets put our own guys to work first..  Not the rest of the world.

Offline downtownbrown

• Brownman
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 06:47:17 PM »

if you really wanted to congradulate JEFF why blade his dad

Offline commguy353

• JUST CALL ME KATHY!!!!!!!
  • YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 08:24:05 PM »
He didn't WANT to congratulate anybody.............. :(

Every ounce of positive that comes out of this guy is strictly an intro for his dribble.

Offline John Hazel

Tip for Young Hussey
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 09:30:58 PM »
History my good friends is a mix of the good and bad.

I guess you need to read more of the official propoganda from the Hall. 

Dave is a gentleman, the fact someone raises the past with historical accuracy is not reason to gloat. 

Offline liars2pliers

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 11:21:06 PM »
Jeff is far wiser then you comprehend and all your rehtoric will not cloud the truth which I am sure is what your major concerns will be with his so called inexperince!

Offline 353boy

• YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 05:49:00 PM »
to JOHN
 you seem too willing to coach young Hussy
what is wrong with you
why not try to coach your own kids
young jeff already has a father who it would seem has done a great job of raising his son
he also has taught him good values ...nothing like the ones you have shown us on this webb site so back off the kid and let him stand on his own two feet
you might learn from him

Offline slowhand

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 05:03:52 PM »
Remember, you will be mentored by people who will help you grow as a union leader.  Don't look at it any other way than a brotherly gesture. 

Listen carefully to your Fahion team mentors Jeff or you will be on the hit list like Len Zawaski and Ed Nott. ???

Is that the message being sent here. ???

Offline GoodTradeUnionist

• YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 10:55:12 AM »
Well Jeff...I knew we would find out the kind of leader you were within months of assuming office.

That little letter writing stunt to 1st District sure back fired.  Trying to paint the I.O. with being compromised when they hired Barry was foolhardy.

When you actually make a real contribution to the brotherhood, and I'm not talking about paying your dues or reminding people you are a 3rd generation seed, just maybe you will grow a pair of wings and soar.

You come from a good family, but must of us do. 

I expected to see some of that prowess on display, but there is no real trade union rattle to your bark.  All you got so far is "sour grapes" which you have consumed too much of from the crowd you run with.

Jeff, it's time to soul search and find out what kind of man you really are and want to be. 

Sending letters to IVP Flemming complaining about Barry just shows that you are a toad for Speranza and company.  Listen to your dad, but don't do his bidding.  If your dad was a true leader he would have been elected.  It's time to caste your gaze at successful union leaders and see if you can pick-up some pointers. 

Writing letters against Barry Stevens proves you don't have much of a fastball. 

Remember, those letters come back to bite you in the ass. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:58:44 AM by GoodTradeUnionist »
Just retired, enjoying my pension.

Offline irish2

• YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 11:54:32 AM »
Keep up the good work Jeff ,you are growing your support base no matter what the ivory tower lot say .

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 09:11:19 PM »
Well Jeff...I knew we would find out the kind of leader you were within months of assuming office.

That little letter writing stunt to 1st District sure back fired.  Trying to paint the I.O. with being compromised when they hired Barry was foolhardy.

When you actually make a real contribution to the brotherhood, and I'm not talking about paying your dues or reminding people you are a 3rd generation seed, just maybe you will grow a pair of wings and soar.

You come from a good family, but must of us do. 

I expected to see some of that prowess on display, but there is no real trade union rattle to your bark.  All you got so far is "sour grapes" which you have consumed too much of from the crowd you run with.

Jeff, it's time to soul search and find out what kind of man you really are and want to be. 

Sending letters to IVP Flemming complaining about Barry just shows that you are a toad for Speranza and company.  Listen to your dad, but don't do his bidding.  If your dad was a true leader he would have been elected.  It's time to caste your gaze at successful union leaders and see if you can pick-up some pointers. 

Writing letters against Barry Stevens proves you don't have much of a fastball. 

Remember, those letters come back to bite you in the ass. 

I think Jeff has already shown what kind of man he wants to be and the membership supports him enthusiastically.

Notice I didn't say unanimously? :) They must teach that at president's school. ::)

GoodTradeUnionist, going around biting brothers in the ass is so unbecoming you really should find another passion. ???
I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!

Offline 353boy

• YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 10:08:25 PM »
 to Bad trade unionist

From what i have seen of young Jeff,,,,, i think that his father has done a real nice Job.......the young man has learned to walk upright  and not bend at the knees like some people we need to straighten out

He has sound thinking and a good conscience.......let us hope that the future of this hall fall in the hands of young people like that  and not what i can see from your example

If i were to plan the future of this organization i would start sending a dozen young men like that to university and train them in the different disciplines that are required to run this outfit.....

so back to you BTU what have you got to say that can be construed as positive... for this site or the organization we have made our living with.......

Offline stonecoldsteve

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 10:41:31 PM »

Could you please ask Joe to put it in the newsletter so we can see it too. im sure it wont be though.It might make young Hussey hugely popular for saying something that everyone could be thinking.

I am curious though!

If GTU is coming on here making threats again it must have been good! Way to go young Hussey! :)