Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2021, 02:14:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Fashion Slate Broken  (Read 1061 times)

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
Fashion Slate Broken
« on: June 18, 2005, 06:48:07 PM »
Ed Knott surprised me by getting 1154 votes and second highest total for an Executive Board elected officer. He not only broke Joe's slate but did so very convincingly. Congratulations Ed!

The rest of Joe's E-Board slate were elected allthough Frans Dejong  (797 votes) was also recommended by the Time for a Change slate card sponsored by the challenging Business Manager candidates.

Very interesting how close the 7th and 8th vote getters came to being elected, Ron White (785) and Troy Cameron (775). I wonder what their totals would have been had the Time for a Change card been circulated 1 week prior to election day instead of at the polls?

There are many questions regarding the fact that the voting lists were not crossed referenced prior to the counting of the ballots as is customary in our local union elections.

Also the E-board counting did not commence until after 4 am when all the Tellers were exhausted and bleery eyed. The many unopened double bagged voting slips also may have an effect on the final totals. So don't go away folks there could be some interesting developments to come. I'm sure. ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 10:46:14 AM by admin »
I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!

Offline RED

Fahion Slate Broken
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 11:42:54 PM »

I also understand the election judge left for 45 minutes or so. What was that all about?? There has to be a better way than the way things were done.

Offline irish

Fashion Slate Broken
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 10:51:40 PM »
the only way the fashion slate is broken is when all his rat pack are out of office and we have to wait 3 more years for that but for now lets get joe and smith out so dont forget to vote in the runoff  :) :) :)

Offline okimlistening

Fashion Slate Broken
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 06:46:32 PM »
How many rep jobs are available to the new E board now that Bob will probably win the funoff?

Offline icyman

• Get Real.....Too much of one thing is good for nothing
  • YaBB God
Fashion Slate Broken
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 10:02:10 PM »
Read Bob's literature no reps on the E-board.
The slate isn't as hard to break as it looks.

Elect Bob Gullins BM/FS,   Mike Lloyd Vice Pres.
Life is all about Ass; You're either Covering it, Laughing it Off, kicking it, Kissing it, Busting it, Trying to get a Piece of it or Behaving like One !!!

Offline westender

• Harvey E Anstey
  • YaBB God
Fashion Slate Broken
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 11:09:08 PM »
vote bob and than we can get an e board that works
STAND TOGETHER Lets put Brother back in Brotherhood.
It's OUR UNION GET INVOLVED OR WATCH IT DISAPPEAR