News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• October 24, 2020, 12:02:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2020, 12:02:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: LMRDA Act motion has passed in Alberta  (Read 7016 times)

Offline GoodTradeUnionist

• YaBB God
Re: LMRDA Act motion has passed in Alberta
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2014, 09:45:23 PM »
Being a Richard Pryor fan, I love this line from his album, "Was It Something I Said"

We go down there lookin for Justice, and that's all we find, just us.

Which is really your sorry storey.

Just retired, enjoying my pension.

Offline serf

• David Ammond
  • YaBB God
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2014, 01:08:52 AM »
A few pennies a day for democratic rights is a damn good trade-off. But you call this a waste of money, and apparently this is your only criticism of the LMRDA. Very unconvincing.
“Unfettered capitalism is a revolutionary force that consumes greater and greater numbers of human lives until it finally consumes itself.”
      Chris Hedges, The Death of the Liberal Class

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 01:38:55 AM »
Speaking of pennies Brother Latimer asked a question at the January 2014 local 353 meeting, or perhaps it was February's meeting.

It would be easier to remember if the Recording Secretary George Smith would record these things in "his" minutes.

He didn't choose to include it in his Meeting Highlights newsletter article either.

I believe Brother Latimer attempted to address Gary Majesky's salary as he saw it reported on the TEIBAS website.

The figure he quoted was around $168,000.00 per year.

The issue has not re addressed and Brother Gary Majesky was sitting right there when Paul Latimer asked the question.

I wonder why he did not step up and clarify for Brother Latimer? 
I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!

• YaBB God
LMRDA Act motion has passed in Alberta
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 09:22:05 AM »
I think you are wrong with the facts.  It was brother Gullins who asked about his salary which was found in a TEIBAS financial statement posted on a website.

It was explained by the Business Manager he is paid the same amount as all reps but the figure reflects gas, car, pension and benefits.  The president then said reps are paid 15% above the Forman rate @ 40 hrs a week, as per the by-laws.  Apparently its the same formulae used to pay Gullins and Speranza when they were on the payroll.

More revealing is that TEIBAS figure also includes cost of medical reports solicited by the hall that Majesky uses in litigation of worker comp cases, which can from $100 to $1800 according to or WSIB rep.

But there is also another cost that is added to the Majesky dollar amount, which can't be called a salary because it includes other non-salary items such as the cost/fee's of Building Trades Services, who previously provided worker comp services to the members of Local 894 & 1739.  These locals didn't have a compo rep on staff so the locals had to pay external people to represent their members.

Therefore, the entry under Majesky's name is an all-in number and not an amount he receives, and should really be called Workers Compensation Services because there are various costs that are paid to defend members under the rubric of WSIB.  I guess someone lumps all these worker comp csts under the Majesky name, which flattering.

And since amalgamation those costs for external WSIB consultants should get to zero as Majesky assumed responsibility for the new members in the North and East.  He said to someone that those legacy costs arerapidly declining as amalgamation moves forward.

So now we have Majesky representing another 1000 members for the same pay.

Gotta say I love ciphering. 

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2014, 11:20:15 AM »
Thank you Gary Majesky/GoodTradeUnionist for the clarification.

You must be happy now that you are making almost as much as Sal. ;)

You see this forum is an important informational tool. We never get that much information in the local union newsletter.

Can you tell us how much it cost to send out all those Robo Calls to the membership in the 2008 local 353 elections?

I've always wanted to know.

• YaBB God
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2014, 07:23:22 PM »
You spend too much time living in the past.

Remember this sage advice, most politicians fall into the trap of running the last election all over again, particularly those that were defeated.

That's because its hard to shake a staggering defeat out  one's head when they've suffered some post traumatic stress disability as a result, which you obviously suffered.

To the point, I believe Majesky who was standing next to Gullins when he went to the mic to inquire about his method and amount of remuneration and magic chimed up and said "I want that guy negotiating for me."

Finally, anyone who shimmy's up the T4 totem pole must sacrifice a lot for that honour.

If you or soene woudn't mind, please bring this issue up at the union meeting instead of the nonsense that you and that bum Latimer seem engrossed in discussing, and see what direction this heads.

Thanks brother.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2014, 10:41:33 PM »
Now, now Brother Majesky don't go off on tangents and resort to name calling.

You boasted about your great operation with those "Robo Calls", so if we're on the topic of money tell us how much it cost?

I'm thinking about asking the local union to allow me use the membership's phone numbers to send out encouraging messages to members about making their vote count.

If you did it, then why can't I do it Gary?

• YaBB God
LMRDA Act motion has passed in Alberta
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2014, 02:38:45 AM »
Perry do you own homework, and don't look for short-cuts when it comes to the heavy lifting.

Since you are Internet savvy, you do the research concerning telephone outreach.

With regard to telephone numbers, I believe you possess an ample Rolodex from your time as an IBEW organizer, political activist, and a 35-year union career.  Respectfully Brother, you have a list.

As for the phanom telephone phone calls from the 2008 election, there are several theories floating around regarding their origin, and how many, but did they really move the needle, vote wise between Fashion and Gullins?

In my humble opinion, access to membership phone numbers will not be granted, so you're back to traditional mail and the Internet.  As for social media, you are a pioneer and 10-years ahead of everyone else, so stick with your strengths.

I think you should be happy with the Hall's election mail out that lists all the candidates bio's.  This was your cause celeb and now an accepted practice in LU 353 elections.

You should be pleased and proud of your valuable contribution to leveling the playing field when it comes to union democracy. 

The Election Publication gives every candidate, regardless whether they are adequate for the job, an equal opportunity to be seen and heard.

Personally robo calls seem to evoke negative connotations of dirty election practices, and I must truly question why you would toy with such a tactic?

There has been speculation those robo calks calls originated from the Gullins Speranza camp to deliberately make it look like Fashion was up to his old shenanigans.  I've always been of 2-minds on that, but that's old news. 

Good luck this election, and remember to play far, just like the slush fund of the same name.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2014, 01:58:57 PM »
In my humble opinion, access to membership phone numbers will not be granted, so you're back to traditional mail and the Internet.  As for social media, you are a pioneer and 10-years ahead of everyone else, so stick with your strengths.

You don’t think a candidate will be granted access to membership information for the purposes of reaching out to the voters in a local union election Gary Majesky?

Can you tell us who granted you access to the phone numbers of local 353 members when you initiated your Robo Calls? Was it the Election Judge? Was it the local union Executive Board? Was it the local union Business Manager?

Did the Election Judge approve the content?

Personally robo calls seem to evoke negative connotations of dirty election practices, and I must truly question why you would toy with such a tactic?

I wonder then why you choose to boast about playing a key role in using this “tactic” in local 353 union elections?

There has been speculation those robo calks calls originated from the Gullins Speranza camp to deliberately make it look like Fashion was up to his old shenanigans.  I've always been of 2-minds on that, but that's old news.

So Gary Majesky/alias GoodTradeUnionist/Local 353 officer, you boasted about being responsible for the campaign, but you also introduce speculation that the opposition did it to themselves?

Can you tell us which one of your two minds tells the truth?

• YaBB God
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2014, 02:40:25 AM »
You campaigned for, elected, and had election judges in your pocket.  Why pose hypotheticals to me regarding anything to do with union elections?

The person you need to seek answers from is former President Barry Stevens.

He's the political wunderkind who kept you in check, and from what I understand, dealt you for 4 successive defeats.

I know one thing, if Brother Majesky had access to phone numbers, why does he call the Hall seeking member contact numbers?  I continually hear his PA pages when visiting 1377.  So perhaps you can explain why a guy who has telephone numbers would do that?

Besides, I overheard him say he doesn't have the ability to log onto or access any union data bases (computers).  So it seems a simple matter to clarify, and perhaps you can query that issue at the next union meeting, instead of the nonsense you raise.

However Magic Man is now approaching his 20th year of service, and if he kept telephone numbers, in fact a log book over the years, that would be a real treasure trove of contacts.

As for two minds, the more the merrier, and better than splitting one with Paul Latimer, particularly if he mixes alcohol and his med's when attending union functions.

But he's your alter ego not mine.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2014, 12:55:13 PM »
"Why pose hypotheticals to me regarding anything to do with union elections?"

Well, because you are so proud of it that you boast of how you engineered a plan to use a service that called IBEW members homes and played  a series of messages that attacked the individuals running against the local 353 administration.

So if it's prohibited for other candidates how did you get access to the private phone numbers of the local 353 membership?

Does the fact that you work in the local union office give you that advantage?

How did you get access to the private phone numbers of the local 353 membership?

If a law with protections such as Title 1 of the LMRDA existed in Canada, would local union officers such as yourself boast about how they cheated in a local union election online as you have done?

The need to have such laws in Canada is illustrated in the utter uselessness of allowing the IBEW First District to be the avenue of protest. That office has a history of protecting incumbent officers that violate the rules of the IBEW.

You Gary Makesky /GoodTradeUnionist/Local 353 Executive board member/ paid employee of the local (reported salary of about $168,000.00 ) also boast about campaigning against an initiative to support a Canadian Bill of Rights that would define and protect union members' rights to a fair election in Canada.

Apparently you want to prevent the establishment of laws that would discourage and prevent the types election abuses that you have claimed to participate in.

Are you a political "Wunderkid" in the IBEW?

I think not.

Apparently you are one that takes advantage of his position to undermine and subvert the integrity of fair elections and now the IBEW international office has changed the Local 353 election Bylaws and empowered the Local 353 Executive Board that you sit on to make decisions defining how the Local 353 2014 elections will be conducted.

• YaBB God
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2014, 06:59:47 PM »
Perry, you have a rich imagination.

Let's see how this works.

Gary admits to you he is GTU, Wow...you really fooled him, and he dropped his guard to confess to you?  That's some deft political handiwork.

Then he fesses up to some phantom robo calls...which never was the subject of a challenge, charges or political counter offensive.  But you have it on good authority, in fact from the horses mouth that he admitted this to you.

I find it comical that you are so desperate to be relevant, that you cling to conspiracy theories that Gary Majesky was an instrumental player in your past political defeats,

You give him too much credit.

I've always said Fashion was the Diablo and the oxygene of your political crusade, and without him, you'd wither and become irrelevant.

It seems I was 100% correct.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 01:33:21 AM »

I find it comical that you are so desperate to be relevant, that you cling to conspiracy theories that Gary Majesky was an instrumental player in your past political defeats,

You give him too much credit.

Comical how Gary?

Ha Ha Comical?

Conspiracy theories?

You bragged about it, you coined the "Robo Calls" phrase.

You took the credit when you boasted to me about not sharing the dubious honour of being GoodTradeUnionist with anyone else.

Where's the conspiracy theory Propaganda Minister?

You deserve your share of the credit.

Don't be so modest.