News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• December 02, 2020, 07:57:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 02, 2020, 07:57:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Stewards Rare in High-Rise  (Read 4521 times)

Offline Atthehall

Propaganda Bill Acorn Style
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2005, 03:52:04 PM »
Highrise members make notes on your employers efforts to influence who you vote for in the runoff election tomorrow.

Time, place, who said what to who, save any paycheque inserts directing you to vote in a specific direction for a specific reason.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 03:52:37 PM by Atthehall »

Offline BurnedAgain

Lies, Deceipt and Mayhem
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 07:58:14 AM »
looking back I can see clearly now that perry speranza was the biggest liar and tub thumper going...he will have to answer to the powers to be for his rants, misinformation and general deceipt

for all the shit and crap that was directrf at bill acorn, when in fact he is rock solid...he is also bobby gill's nephew or cousin.  

the things we have planned for LU 353 are truly going to make your wonder why you didn't come on board

Offline BurnedAgain

Lies, Deceipt and Mayhem
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 07:58:57 AM »
looking back I can see clearly now that perry speranza was the biggest liar and tub thumper going...he will have to answer to the powers to be for his rants, misinformation and general deceipt

for all the shit and crap that was directed at bill acorn, when in fact he is rock solid...he is also bobby gill's nephew or cousin.  

the things we have planned for LU 353 are truly going to make you wonder why you didn't come on board
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 08:08:03 AM by BurnedAgain »

Offline crunch

Lies, Deceipt and Mayhem
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2005, 10:35:20 AM »
neither nephew nor cousin,..... idiot

Offline cnry

• James Conroy
Lies, Deceipt and Mayhem
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2005, 03:42:37 PM »
Come on board, strange I thought I was member.

Offline cnry

• James Conroy
Lies, Deceipt and Mayhem
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »
  Your post wasn't intresting enough to post it twice,once was bad enough.

Offline 353boy

• YaBB God
Lies, Deceipt and Mayhem
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005, 06:53:13 PM »
To burnedagain
Please tell me you plan to follow the contract to the letter.
Please tell me you plan to actually see to it we do have breaks in the afternoon...
YOU know the basic shittttt
please tell me that our reps are actually pick up their B...s with two hands and start supporting us on the JOB...
Please tell me your plans for the name hires and their counterparts
Please tell me you are actually going to do something instead of just collecting a pay check.....
I could go on    but i think you got my drift
 again my name is Al cohen
so come out of the closet and tell me who you are....
show all of us how you got stones and dont .just hide in the shadowsss like you did for the last week of the runoff

Offline 353boy

• YaBB God
Lies, Deceipt and Mayhem
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 07:00:51 PM »
Ho sorry i did forget one thing
Please tell me you are going to implement some the ideas that you read in Marty book....NOw those thing would be worth while
That would make for a better Hall and Brotherhood
JUst give him the credit and try not to say you thought of them yourself
 Come back to the tools and you will see how we feel about those Ideas

OK Now I am done

Offline commguy353

• JUST CALL ME KATHY!!!!!!!
  • YaBB God
Lies, Deceipt and Mayhem
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2005, 08:44:08 PM »
Hey burned again, Nice try, but trying to tie Acorn to one of the best Presidents/Reps this local has ever had will not cover the fact Acorn was the biggest rule breaking rat the residential sector has ever seen.

Your so bad at name dropping, you should probably stop doing it and go back to soap dropping.  ;)

Next time you sit down for beer with Bobby or drop by his house maybe you can ask him what he thinks of ol' Billy Boy  ;D  What was I thinking Bobby sittin down for a beer with the likes of you......DOUBT IT !!!

Offline ForumRanger

• Administrator
Stewards Rare in High-Rise
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »
Congratulations Bill Acorn on being the top vote getter from the Fashion/Stevens slate. Campaigning really works I see you've learned. :)

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
Re: Stewards Rare in High-Rise
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 01:48:17 PM »
Looking at all the reports Bill Acorn publishes in our local union newsletter I see he includes pictures of crews working on various jobsites. He usually names the members and makes special reference to the Foremen and General Foremen but I don't believe he has ever honoured a highrise steward by indicated to the membership who they are.

I think we should be proud of our stewards and appreciative of their work for us.

I see that the ICI reps regularly include that information in their jobsite pictures. I wonder why Bill Acorn/Executive Board member/High Rise Busines rep does not promote the stewards in high rise?

Apparently only 12 stewards have been appointed in the high rise sector, that seems like a low number with all the jobsites currently underway. It seems the directive from the hall is not to appoint a steward unless there are problems.

This is hard to understand because my perception of a stewards role is to be in place so that there won't be any problems and the members will have someone to go to for guidance and information in order to prevent problems and allow for an efficient and happy workplace.

To be a union and have a provision in our agreement that provides for stewards and not to appoint them is unconscionable.
I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!