News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• December 04, 2020, 04:41:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2020, 04:41:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: GREED  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Kurtis Frigon

GREED
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:45:24 AM »
Greed is one thing man will always have. Greed kills the man. Envy is one step bigger behind greed. I laugh at what is happening in our society. My father was a good union man that had a company (in partnership with others) that would be rolling in his grave right now over all the crap that is happening today. Greed and Envy go hand in hand. We want the bigger house, we want the bigger house, we want the bigger toys,  we WANT we WANT we WANT. But what do we really NEED? To work 1000 hours a year overtime does any one person get to enjoy his/her toys, and or belongings? We live beyond our means in life. I get laughed at because of  the vehicles I own (all in fun, the wife has the reliable new one) I get laughed at the house I live in. But do I really care?  I have the last laugh in the end. I do not owe to the point I need OT on jobs. I am comfortable. ENVY is the man that is wanting what GREED has. To keep up with the Jones's, but do people realize alot of time the Jones's are so far in debt they are sinking. I guess the point I am really trying to stress is the CORPORATIONS have put us so far into debt, as CREDIT is so easy to come by, many of us forget the real picture. To DICTATE to us we have to work OT or lose our jobs is crap. To us fortunate ones that live within a 40 hour work week (our means) and enjoy 3 days off we seem to get punished. First ones to get layed off. Because we were smart enough to live within our means and not have to work alot of OT. The OT we do work is a bonus for a holiday, but the time we have off is QUALITY time in which we all miss out on. Coworkers who know me,  know I do not like working OT. When we lost double time to these site agreements and our collective agreement, why should we cave into them.   WE will not LIVE forever folks. Work to Live, dont live to work.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 04:55:44 AM by Kurtis Frigon »
Its not how fast you go or how quick you are to get there, its all about the ride!

Offline Jim Upper

• is it GTU or GFY
  • YaBB God
  • learning through debate
Re: GREED
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 11:35:39 AM »
We were told the invention of the machine was to make our lives better, but now it seems we work to satisfy the machines. The machines are owned by the greedy so we work to support the greedy and we are taught to spend to support the greedy. We are taught to give to charities while the greedy skim off the top. We pay taxes to pay the never ending debit from interest that is charged on the money our countries borrow from private banks, all the while it is our countries that create money not the banks. Our politicians sold us out years ago and our other leaders get fat on the fruits of our labour.

I found it interesting that while attending the 2006 Sec. 20 hearing in Toronto our leaders were arguing over who would buy us anything we wanted for lunch on their credit cards (union credit cards). This was after the fact that these same people signed away the right to represent us at such hearings. Thanks guys that's mighty brotherly of you. I was willing to go the day without eating just to watch the greedy ECAO member wannabe banker sitting across the table from me squirm as he lost the challenge to reduce our wages by 39%. Especially after he had the nerve to put his hands on my shoulders while I was seated and gloat about what he thought would happen.

Threats and lies are the work of the desperate people that attack me.  Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth~Albert Einstein  RIP

Offline Polar

• YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 02:13:07 AM »
Lets put our own guys to work first..  Not the rest of the world.

Offline Kurtis Frigon

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 11:29:29 AM »
Greed is one thing man will always have. Greed kills the man. Envy is one step bigger behind greed. I laugh at what is happening in our society. My father was a good union man that had a company (in partnership with others) that would be rolling in his grave right now over all the crap that is happening today. Greed and Envy go hand in hand. We want the bigger house, we want the bigger house, we want the bigger toys,  we WANT we WANT we WANT. But what do we really NEED? To work 1000 hours a year overtime does any one person get to enjoy his/her toys, and or belongings? We live beyond our means in life. I get laughed at because of  the vehicles I own (all in fun, the wife has the reliable new one) I get laughed at the house I live in. But do I really care?  I have the last laugh in the end. I do not owe to the point I need OT on jobs. I am comfortable. ENVY is the man that is wanting what GREED has. To keep up with the Jones's, but do people realize alot of time the Jones's are so far in debt they are sinking. I guess the point I am really trying to stress is the CORPORATIONS have put us so far into debt, as CREDIT is so easy to come by, many of us forget the real picture. To DICTATE to us we have to work OT or lose our jobs is crap. To us fortunate ones that live within a 40 hour work week (our means) and enjoy 3 days off we seem to get punished. First ones to get layed off. Because we were smart enough to live within our means and not have to work alot of OT. The OT we do work is a bonus for a holiday, but the time we have off is QUALITY time in which we all miss out on. Coworkers who know me,  know I do not like working OT. When we lost double time to these site agreements and our collective agreement, why should we cave into them.   WE will not LIVE forever folks. LIVE to WORK, Don't WORK to LIVE!

Lorne and company here is a re-post of an earlier message I put out. 424 worked a 35 hr work week at one time then went to 40. Will we ever see 40hr work weeks to those who choose to work without consequences? By refusing OT will we be punished? Will Kevin Levy nail the commercial residential more to have 40 hr work weeks?
Its not how fast you go or how quick you are to get there, its all about the ride!

Offline Lucky

• YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 09:36:17 PM »
No, Kurtis, humanity did very well when sharing was the dominant relationship between human beings before the Agricultural Revolution around 8000 years ago.  That was when society divided into classes, based upon greed.  When that division is overcome, there will be no reason for greed.  Humanity is in the process of getting rid of a society based upon greed.  The old society we all grew up with is dying and human beings are at the early stages of developing a society where human needs instead of profit will be the motivation for humanity.
Lucky
Lucky,
S-it disturber
Booklegger, for Pathfinder Press
electrician
Only reelman on my crew

Offline serf

• David Ammond
  • YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 01:12:28 AM »
Lucky,

Greed is the crux of the matter but I wonder if it can ever be overcome. There will always be someone who wants more than someone else. And is willing to manipulate and coerce people into getting it. Overpopulation probably gave rise to agricultural society. Which allowed - even necessitated – people live together in much larger groups. The consequent growth in farming productivity freed some people from having to engage in food production. Which permitted this problem of greed to arise and the concomitant problem of class division. Of course we can never go back to the way things were. But how do you get rid of greed now? It is because people live together in much larger groups and that not all members of a society need to engage in food production that accounts for this problem. Class division is a symptom rather than the cause.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:32:33 AM by serf »
“Unfettered capitalism is a revolutionary force that consumes greater and greater numbers of human lives until it finally consumes itself.”
      Chris Hedges, The Death of the Liberal Class

Offline Lucky

• YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 09:57:22 PM »
Agriculture and horticulture before it were the first attempts at actually producing food in an organised way.  Before these food production technologies were invented, gathering and hunting were the methods used by human beings to obtain food.  The food resources in some areas, such as the west coast of N. America, were so abundant that complex societies evolved.  Complex societies are those in which a certain group within the society became chiefs or Big Men.  They obtained most of the wealth produced by the majority of the society while basically getting sufficient to live on.  There was so much wealth produced by gathering the resources of the Pacific that chiefdoms came into being.  The potlatch was a way of giving away this wealth which included blankets, oolichan grease (traded with tribes located along the grrease trail going to Alberta), and other wealth.  The peoples of the Northwest Coast also traded with people in Arizona, Mexico etc.  The most important product of these tribes were the salmon, both sockeye, the best of the various salmon species, pink salmon, the most common etc.  An example of a modern complex society is the one we live in, divided into economic classes, based upon who owns the means of production.  Those of us who do not own much are mmebers of the working class, whether we produce clothing, food, or tarsands plants.  Those who own the means of production include the Ford family, the owners of the oil cos, and all the other companies we are all familiar with.  THEY are motivated by GREED and the lust for profit, whereas we try to live on the sale of the only commodity we own, our ability to work.  When we get too old or sick to work, ON THE SCRAP HEAP WITH THEM!!! say the administrators of our society. like our beloved, shit eating grin PM the Hon. S. Harper, and his CMF cabinet.
Lucky

Lucky,
S-it disturber
Booklegger, for Pathfinder Press
electrician
Only reelman on my crew

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 06:43:36 PM »
Yup...greed.
Millions of people just hoping they can get a regular bowl of food a day... would be stunned at how someone can worship a vehicle. How they can live in houses like mini-castles. And how they can be so devoted to games.
We've lost touch with what's important.
Son's should have learned the value of money and how the market works but most Dads weren't around to pass  this on because they were working overtime.   ???

Technology and greed ... too bad our minds, our intellect, haven't caught up to and controlled our emotions.