News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• October 24, 2020, 11:25:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2020, 11:25:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Maybe we need to review how these IBEW Conventions go?  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
Maybe we need to review how these IBEW Conventions go?
« on: March 14, 2010, 07:53:53 PM »
Maybe we need to review how these IBEW Conventions go?
I remember seeing some critical reviews done on video.
Anyone have some quick links to posts about how the IBEW conventions run and what problems may exist?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=feed&story_fbid=387195364368&gid=379963944368#!/topic.php?uid=379963944368&topic=18991

Barry Dickson Not at all brother Tim. I just am uneducated about the OMOV movement. I am somewhat educated on the current system. I was honored to serve as a delegate of the membership of Local 1 at the 37th International Convention in Cleveland in 2006. There was no opposition to any of the current officers, nor was there opposition in the 11th V.P. dist. or the 5th IEC dist. of which I attended. I don't know about the other V.P. or IEC districts.

Not that I doubt Bro Troy, I am just curious, what kind of consequences would or could come from running against or voting against incumbent leadership? Not that I don't see that it could happen, but has it? I've seen plenty of hurt feelings in Local elections, but nothing usually comes of it. Just some ill will. Some do take the politics rather pesonally. I don't want to seem like a complete idiot, I just have trouble envisioning what consequences could come from voting your concience.
Yesterday at 10:32pm
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 03:28:11 AM by IBEW Truth »

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?