News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• December 04, 2020, 03:25:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2020, 03:25:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: 424 June 26th 2010 Union meeting  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
Re: 424 June 26th 2010 Union meeting
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 01:40:14 AM »
eric

Brower came in during a difficult time and did a very good job of bringing stability back to 424... I very much admired him for tolerating you for all those meetings that you showed up at to seek revenge for the Reinhart canning.

How many complaints he did he get from brothers who did not want to hear your childish rants... and demands to get 7 minutes on every issue.

The strong majority of the people at the meetings did not care for your concerns... remember when you brought up the scotford contract and some words you chose to mis-interpret??

I must confess... I find union meeting a total bore... after the business managers report... there is very little i am interested in

Of course you are bored Lysne. That is because you have nothing to offer.
Yet you waste time on this forum?
You are a LOONY.

Offline TimLawrence

• Timmy!
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 06:18:09 AM »
Grant:

If you are so damn bored, then perhaps I may challenge you to use your intelligence that has been so bored by our Local Union Meetings, to present a motion before the membership. Something that might stir things up; just as you did back in the day when you wiped that booger on our P.M.

Whatever you may feel that our current membership may benefit from; befitting your age in years served that exceeds mine within this Local; I am sure you would find no shortage of suggestions that you could offer younger, less experienced Brothers like myself, a chance to gleam some knowledge from our more senior members like yourself.

In other words; you just started bitching, like many others of us. So why don't you educate some of us less-experienced Brothers with your knowledge, and state one thing (or more) that just simply bores you with our meetings.

I will begin - I am bored with the fact that nobody else seems to want to devote some extra time to Good Of The Union. I feel we should, and could each make a motion (with 2/3 approval of membership present at that particular meeting, of course) suspend the order of business for a short time period, to immediately proceed to "Good Of The Union".

It can be done, according to R.R.O.O.N.R. (Robert's Rules Of Order Newly Revised). I was present at one meeting in 2007 that it was successfully done, with a unanimous vote in favor of... until former President (dictator) Jim Watson illegally ruled the meeting adjourned, and violated R.R.O.O.N.R.

I have proof of this - I recorded the meeting; and put the recording on this forum, among other websites. Trust me; voice recorders are fully legal, and I don't even have to let you know I have one with me when I tape a meeting I attend, chair, or ANY conversation I am part of - it's the LAW and like it or not, nobody.... not even 424 Kangaroo Courts can prevent you from recording your conversations.

Anyways, bring a motion to the floor. I don't care what it is; it will receive it's due course of order, providing we have Democracy within our Local Union, and the Tim-bits of the soon-to-be-dismantled organization don't perform their version of a Dictatorship upon it.

Just something for EVERYONE to keep in mkind.
Brower and his Tim-Bits are finally gone...the time for a change is NOW.

Offline liars2pliers

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 08:35:36 AM »
I usually try to pose a question to members if we get in a conversation about where we are and where we are going in terms of a labour organization. The question is what have you personally done to try and make your union better?  Not by just going to the job and doing what most members do by following the agreement,having a good work ethic and attend a the odd meeting.I mean try to do something that will bring about a positive change may it be in a safety regualation,a motion that is  passed,a change in a by-law or something as to which may make the IBEW really look like "a Union of hearts and minds"
If everyone did this just once imagine how much further ahead we would be