News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• December 04, 2020, 03:37:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2020, 03:37:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Union Meetings  (Read 870 times)

Offline lfgreening

• Lorne
  • YaBB God
Union Meetings
« on: June 28, 2010, 12:15:58 AM »
Younger members are always encouraged to attend our meetings. When they do and voice their concerns at the mike there are always a few assholes ready to jump on them for exactly doing just that. Granted these younger members may not know the procedures of our meetings, but why is there always the same assholes waiting in the wings to jump in and protect our reps from embarrassing questions. I always thought the Chairman ran our meetings.

The issue of our three Brothers being fired from Intracon at Scotford was a topic that was discussed. According to Ray MacNeil there was a full investigation done and the matter was now closed. How convenient Ray. He said statements were reviewed. Funny thing Ray, as I was a supervisor at the time, no one asked for a statement. As I stated before on this site there was a desire to get rid of these guys. Hopfully the information will be helpful later.

I again brought up the issue of a member being fast tracked to join our Union. Again Brower answered the question evasively. Some clerical mistake. Right Tim blame it on the girls in the office. Your a real stand-up guy Tim. So I put this question to MacNeil, "Did you or did you not get a guy into our union before his name came to the membership to be voted on?" His answer was no. I told the members he was a liar and I had information to back it up. Charges? I guess i have a DUTY to do so according to our Constitution.

Offline Kurtis Frigon

Re: Union Meetings
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:23:44 AM »
I cant wait to see the outcome of this one!!!!          ;D
Its not how fast you go or how quick you are to get there, its all about the ride!