News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• December 04, 2020, 04:28:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2020, 04:28:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: OMOV? - 424 February 2011 Union meetings  (Read 5314 times)

Offline blondliberal

• YaBB God
Re: 424 February 2011 Union meetings
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 02:42:28 PM »
Make a motion to send funds to support the unemployed IBEW Members who travelled to Wisconsin to support the fight against the Gov. Scott Walker's Bill to take Collective Bargaining away for the Public Employees!

Contributions can be sent to;

Mark Roughen
222 Garfield Ave
Evansville, Wisconsin 53536

and/or

to IBEW Local 159 in Madison, Wisconsin.

Unit 1 Edmonton
MONTHLY MEETING WILL BE HELD @ 9:00 AM ON SATURDAY, Feb 26nd/ 2010 AT THE EDMONTON HALL

eric... im not so sure putting your account number on the net is a good idea...

Offline just a lineman

• Tired of it all.
  • Life is Good now.
Re: 424 February 2011 Union meetings
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 11:58:48 PM »
PUPPET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Life is what's happening while you're busy working in a Union?

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
Last Chance for 424 to bring up OMOV for the next 5 years
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 04:43:43 AM »
http://ourlocal353.ca/forums/index.php?topic=5422.msg45056#msg45056

Unit 1 Edmonton
MONTHLY MEETING WILL BE HELD @ 9:00 AM ON SATURDAY, Feb 26nd/ 2010 AT THE EDMONTON HALL

http://ibew424.net/around424/bulletins.html

This might be in another thread. Could someone let us know how to PROPERLY bring to the table at this SATURDAYS meeting the OMOV proposal? Under new business and the right words to say.

for the 38th IBEW Convention
Next chance is 5 years away

Needs to be clarified for anyone making the motion at Local 424 that there must be a specific provision to send the letter both to IST Lindel Lee and Local 666 ASAP registered post.
So it there "prior" to March 1.

Here, in a nutshell, is the motion as it was read on the floor of our general membership union meeting here at Denver's, LU.68:

It worked for Denver, CO Local 68 > passed on March 3, 2010

Brothers and Sisters,

Whereas, there is growing grassroots movement sweeping the IBEW today called One Man, One Vote,

Whereas, it is based on the principles of democracy and fair representation as laid out by our founding father, Henry Miller,

Whereas, the idea behind the movement is that we all have a stake in the future of our union and therefore we should have a voice in the political process and a responsibility to help determine the leadership of the IBEW and the future of our union,

Whereas, One Man, One Vote would give us that voice and responsibility,

Therefore be it resolved that LU.___, go on record as supporting the petition for OMOV, sponsored and passed as a motion by the general membership of Richmond, VA.'s LU. 666.

And also be it resolved that a letter of support for the petition be mailed to both the E-Board and Business Manager of Richmond, VA.'s LU. 666 by certified mail within one weeks time of the passing of this motion.

After the motion is made, someone needs to second it. Then, it will go to discussion. After discussion, there will be a vote (if it does not get tabled until the next meeting). Be prepared. Make sure you have enough people present at the meeting who support the motion. It is important to have members present who can and will stand up to the mic and speak to the motion  as advocates, to help inform and educate the other members present who may not be familiar with the proposed amendment. Nobody likes to vote on something they are not well informed about.

Make youself as knowledgeable as possible about the issue. During discussion, you may be asked particulars about the proposed amendment and you need to be able to answer people clearly and with well thought out replies. Think of some good arguments to help convince those who may be on the fence as to why they should vote in support of the petition. One argument I found convincing, is to just state the fact that there is absolutely nothing to lose by voting in support it. As stated in the OMOV Newsletter, a vote in support of the petition is simply a vote for the opportunity to vote on the proposed amendment change sometime in the future. A vote for democracy if you will. Another argument is to just ask why those present joined a union in the first place. Was it not to have some say in the issues facing us all on a daily basis at the work place? To have a voice?

If you have any questions about the process or the petition or even the amendment itself, post them here on the OMOV Forum of Friends and Family so we can all continue learning from each other; our experiences, successes, failures, etc.. We need to keep each other appraised of our progress, learn from our mistakes and build upon our victories. There is a lot of confusion out there about OMOV and how to make the motion properly.  I had some assistance from a former I.O. rep with the legalistic verbage in our motion. Personally, I liked it. All the whereas's and therefore's gave it the air of a legal document. When Brother Ramon read the motion, it sounded official, as if it was from the I.O. itself! We need to keep the momentum going with this so as to not have all our labors be in vain. There is just too much at stake here for all of us who care about the future of our union.

Way too easy..... no excuses.
OMOV
"ALL TRUTH PASSES THROUGH THREE STAGES. FIRST, IT IS RIDICULED, SECOND IT IS VIOLENTLY OPPOSED, AND THIRD, IT IS ACCEPTED AS SELF-EVIDENT."
ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER, PHILOSOPHER, 1788-1860
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:28:29 AM by Eric Klyne »

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
Re: OMOV? - 424 February 2011 Union meetings
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 11:20:05 AM »

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 11:21:16 PM »
Brother Lorne, how did the Union meeting go?

Offline blondliberal

• YaBB God
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 12:29:37 AM »
Eric

it is apparent brother lorne did not make the meeting

he was busy googling the thompson story

it looks a lot like omov has been stopped dead at local 424

I told you that you should have gone dressed as donald duck

and presented this historic motion yourself

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:03:44 AM by Eric Klyne »

Offline blondliberal

• YaBB God
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 01:42:34 PM »

poor eric... feeling so depressed from not following my advice

Offline hoodie

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 11:38:38 PM »
Hey Eric, why didn't you just go yourself?

you claim you can be reinstated whenever you want, for such a important issue. i would think you would have gone.....or am i missing something.....like the truth...hahaha

Offline blondliberal

• YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 12:16:46 PM »
i totally agree hoodie

eric let  his side down

why he did not have even 1 supporter at our meetings??

did the issue of climate change create a horrible split in the klyne-greening relationship??

will those 2 ever be able to walk the same information picket line again??

and how can eric justify his failure to perry??

Offline GoodTradeUnionist

• YaBB God
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 12:50:40 AM »
To hear that 424 did not bring forward OMOV is disheartening.

Eric has strong connections to the Hall and there must of been a collision of circumstance.

Maybe Phil's reach does extend into the 424 Hall.

There must have been great internal debates to keep the OMOV off the floor.

Sad that Eric cannot explain his failing to deliver. 

Now he must cast about for another IBEW local to embrace his cause celeb.

Poor Erik.  Poor Perry.  They wrapped themselves in the flag and they've got little to show.

Can't wait to go to Vancouver and witness the trouncing they'll get.

Don't know if they've got the balls to enter that lions den.
Just retired, enjoying my pension.

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 05:38:16 AM »

Make sure you introduce yourself to me gtsu... if you have the balls.

Not sure what you think I should fear?

Trouncing can be physical or verbal.
It's an aggressive verb... the most acceptable and legal action would be to to defeat decisively in debate.

Seeing as I will not be in the IBEW Convention but just outside, I highly doubt that any IBEW officer will have the balls to publicly debate me.
I would prefer to go one on one with Ed Hill, cameras rolling, 'live feed' recorded to Youtube.
I don't think Ed Hill has the balls either.... seeing as I already checkmated him in discussion on Facebook.

Offline blondliberal

• YaBB God
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 03:47:01 PM »
 ;D

so eric has dreams of being a youtube star

i just checked other youtube videos regarding ed hill and omov

the now famous vid of ed talking to the bros now has 1216 views

for part 1... 668 for part 2... so half had heard enough watching part 1

and a whole 996 watched a well made vid on organizing

justin beiber got 475 million for just one of his vids

so you see... eric has set a very low peformance bar to jump

we will wish him good luck in his next grope for stardom

Make sure you introduce yourself to me gtsu... if you have the balls.

Not sure what you think I should fear?

Trouncing can be physical or verbal.
It's an aggressive verb... the most acceptable and legal action would be to to defeat decisively in debate.

Seeing as I will not be in the IBEW Convention but just outside, I highly doubt that any IBEW officer will have the balls to publicly debate me.
I would prefer to go one on one with Ed Hill, cameras rolling, 'live feed' recorded to Youtube.
I don't think Ed Hill has the balls either.... seeing as I already checkmated him in discussion on Facebook.