Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 02, 2021, 07:45:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: West End Training Centre  (Read 961 times)

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
West End Training Centre
« on: May 15, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »
I stopped in at West Local 353 Union Hall yesterday and met some of members taking courses on their lunch time. I had some conversations with some apprentices taking a pipe bending course and then with a group of brother in a Masters Pre Exam course.

It was good to meet members and get their opinions.

I also met Ken Nichols (I hope i spelled that right) He was apparently introduced by Steve Martin at the meeting Thursday May 12, 2011 as the person in charge of the West End Training Centre. I missed it really because it was very hard to hear what Steve Martin was saying. Some of the Master Electrician course members told me who he was so I went over and said hello.

I hope to be able to get the opportunity to meet many more members on their breaks at Night School to find out what they are thinking first hand.

It's my way of conducting a Membership Survey Opinion Survey. :)

I let you in on an unsolicited comment about how it was obvious that pictures posted on the walls of the Training Centre favoured the newly appointed officers and their slate team. :-\

It's true it seem that picture of other activist local 353 members that took part in the Demonstration Against U.S, Steel were conspicuous by their absence. As i recall Jeff Hussey was there and was I and there wasn't one picture of us printed out and stuck on the wall. :(

Those members at the West End Training centre sure noticed how unfair that is in an election campaign.

I would have to agree, but if it's drawing so much attention from the politically sophisticated local 353 membership I may just let it go. ;) 
I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!

Offline northender

Re: West End Training Centre
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 09:57:05 PM »
Perry
Just to let you know that Ken Nichol was my foreman at the Brampton Co-Gen Plant and you couldn't have worked for a better guy who stood behind his men 100%. Hopefully he won't get screwd like other stand up guys Ed Knott and Len Zawalski by the likes of our famous GTU and his conspirators. Watch your back Ken.

Bob Fitzsimons

Offline GoodTradeUnionist

• YaBB God
West End Training Centre
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 09:01:21 AM »
A lovely facility that will be a shining jewel for years.

Ken is a solid chap, and so too his brother.
Just retired, enjoying my pension.