Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2021, 02:31:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Help Email Brother Perry Speranza's Youtube Video Link to Fellow Members  (Read 900 times)

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
I had an idea this morning about how we can share my message to local 353 members on Youtube. Local 353 members that have email lists of fellow members can either forward those lists to me so that I can contact 353 members by email and ask them to view my video message. Or you can help by recommending to your Internet friends that they view the link you send to them according to your recommendation.

I hope you will help as we in local 353 set an example for other IBEW locals and unions and union members in general on how the Internet can be used to better communicate and spread news about union issues to each.

I know that we can do a great deal in a short amount of time to prove that we indeed can have a direct affect by our own actions despite resistance from some IBEW officials by not allowing local union members email addresses to be used by candidates as an official mailout as per the definition in the "Local Union Election Guide"

It is the duty of the union and it's officers to comply with all reasonable request of any candidate to distribute campaign literature to the membership at the candidate's expense. When the local union or its officers authorize distribution under the same conditions must be for any other candidate, if requested. In order to avoid charges of disparity of treatment among candidates, it is advised that a local union inform all candidates in advance of the conditions under which distribution will be made and promptly advise them of any changes in those conditions.

A local union must also honour requests for distribution of literature to only a portion of the membership if such distribution of literature to only a portion of the membership if such distribution is practicable. Each candidate may choose his/her own way of campaigning for election according to his/her own ingenuity and resources.

Each candidate must be treated equally with respect to the expense of such distribution. Thus, a local union and it's officers must honour a candidates's request for distribution where the candidate is willing and able to bear such expense, there is no requirement that the union distribute the literature of the candidate free of charge.

Since local unions have an affirmative duty to comply with all reasonable requests of any candidate to distribute campaign literature(at the candidate's expense), a local union rule refusing all such distributions would not be proper, even though applied in a nondiscriminatory fashion. In view of the fact that expenses of distribution are to be borne by the candidate, a local union may not refuse to distribute campaign literature merely because it may have a small staff that cannot handle such distribution for all candidates. If this is the case, the local union may employ additional temporary staff or contract the job to a professional mailer and charge the expense incurred to the candidates for whom the service is being rendered. The local union may require candidates to tender in advance the estimated costs of distributing their literature, provided such requirement is applied uniformly.

Local union may not regulate the contents of campaign literature which candidates may wish to have distributed by the local union. this is left to the discretion of each candidate. The local union may not require that it be permitted to read a copy of the literature before it is sent out, nor may it censor the statements of the candidates in any way, even though the statement may include derogatory remarks about other candidates.
I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
I had an idea this morning about how we can share my message to local 353 members on Youtube. Local 353 members that have email lists of fellow members can either forward those lists to me so that I can contact 353 members by email and ask them to view my video message. Or you can help by recommending to your Internet friends that they view the link you send to them according to your recommendation.

I hope you will help as we in local 353 set an example for other IBEW locals and unions and union members in general on how the Internet can be used to better communicate and spread news about union issues to each.

I know that we can do a great deal in a short amount of time to prove that we indeed can have a direct affect by our own actions despite resistance from some IBEW officials by not allowing local union members email addresses to be used by candidates as an official mailout as per the definition in the "Local Union Election Guide"

It is the duty of the union and it's officers to comply with all reasonable request of any candidate to distribute campaign literature to the membership at the candidate's expense. When the local union or its officers authorize distribution under the same conditions must be for any other candidate, if requested. In order to avoid charges of disparity of treatment among candidates, it is advised that a local union inform all candidates in advance of the conditions under which distribution will be made and promptly advise them of any changes in those conditions.

A local union must also honour requests for distribution of literature to only a portion of the membership if such distribution of literature to only a portion of the membership if such distribution is practicable. Each candidate may choose his/her own way of campaigning for election according to his/her own ingenuity and resources.

Each candidate must be treated equally with respect to the expense of such distribution. Thus, a local union and it's officers must honour a candidates's request for distribution where the candidate is willing and able to bear such expense, there is no requirement that the union distribute the literature of the candidate free of charge.

Since local unions have an affirmative duty to comply with all reasonable requests of any candidate to distribute campaign literature(at the candidate's expense), a local union rule refusing all such distributions would not be proper, even though applied in a nondiscriminatory fashion. In view of the fact that expenses of distribution are to be borne by the candidate, a local union may not refuse to distribute campaign literature merely because it may have a small staff that cannot handle such distribution for all candidates. If this is the case, the local union may employ additional temporary staff or contract the job to a professional mailer and charge the expense incurred to the candidates for whom the service is being rendered. The local union may require candidates to tender in advance the estimated costs of distributing their literature, provided such requirement is applied uniformly.

Local union may not regulate the contents of campaign literature which candidates may wish to have distributed by the local union. this is left to the discretion of each candidate. The local union may not require that it be permitted to read a copy of the literature before it is sent out, nor may it censor the statements of the candidates in any way, even though the statement may include derogatory remarks about other candidates.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
Thank you to the members that have contacted me offering to send me emails or forwarded to their email lists.

I would appreciate it if all could re send an email to me at perryspe@sympatico.ca containing emails of local 353 members they may have on their computers thank you very much for your help and support. :)
I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!

Offline GoodTradeUnionist

• YaBB God
I would harvest all the annoyed member emails who supported Speranza and Gullins in 2005 and 2008.  There was a tremendous Time For Change tide lapping at the shore of 353, and one would hope that all this intelligence was kept for the next union election cycle.

I not too sure the Hall has the requested info, but there is no harm in trying.
Just retired, enjoying my pension.