News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• October 24, 2020, 12:03:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2020, 12:03:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Most Clear & Fair Election in History  (Read 2479 times)

Offline GoodTradeUnionist

• YaBB God
Most Clear & Fair Election in History
« on: June 13, 2011, 08:05:33 PM »
The 2011 353 election has been the most fair, clean and oddball election in my memory.

After 40 plus years, this one is curiously strange for good reason.

No one can believe what is transpiring, and yet the odd guy mutters that there is evil being heaped on others.

I find it odd that the only rumours seems to surface here and no at the Hall.

The real tragedy is the dumb shit stuff that people say, but hey, we've heard worse before, and this is afterall an election.

So enjoy, take part.  And remember, this election cycle has been the most clean election every.  That is a testament of White & Martin taking the Hall in an entirely new direction.

The members don't seem to mind, and the thinking members do appreciate an improvement in the tone and decorum we have shown to one another.

Hats off to all candidates for running a respectable election, even Perry.
Just retired, enjoying my pension.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
Re: Most Clear & Fair Election in History
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 10:18:45 PM »
So enjoy, take part.  And remember, this election cycle has been the most clean election every.  That is a testament of White & Martin taking the Hall in an entirely new direction.

What "entirely new direction" would that Gary? ???

When you watch my you'll see that I point that the Martin/White "Leadership Team" seems to be merely an extension the Fashion/Stevens agenda.

To me that's entirely "same old... same old" :(
I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!

Offline GoodTradeUnionist

• YaBB God
Most Clear & Fair Election in History
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 11:30:42 PM »
The good ship Local 353 was always pointed straight into the wind, so don't worry, were going forward. 

Just be thankful you received your wish for a nice clean union election.  No dirty shit.  No anonoymous leaflets.  No callouts.  No mail-in ballots en masse.  Yes, that was a smooth play, wasn't it.

There will be no excuses on Thursday night. 

What you didn't expect was that the Team would play hardball, run hard, expend resources, and make this a serious election whether or not there was serious opposition.

I think it was the right approach.  I like the feel of this election.  And let's see what the members have to say, because after all, its the only thing that counts. 

Once the members speak, I will resume my stellar career as a bum.  But please don't call me a hall bum.
Just retired, enjoying my pension.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 12:05:07 AM »

Just be thankful you received your wish for a nice clean union election.  No dirty shit.  No anonoymous leaflets.  No callouts.  No mail-in ballots en masse.  Yes, that was a smooth play, wasn't it.

Isn't that the way it is supposed be Gary? "No dirty shit"

Do I detect a hint of disappointment in your script Propaganda Minister?

Weren't you the one bragging about all those tactics on this forum? :-\

It almost seemed like pride that GoodTradeUnionist was oozing with in those posts. ???

What was it GTU?
I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!

Offline Jim Upper

• is it GTU or GFY
  • YaBB God
  • learning through debate
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 12:45:54 AM »
It's too bad all the crap from previous years has set a precedent. Could it be pending court action has put a damper on the slippery side, after all IO can't afford to appear supporting corruption or look dirty now can they? You know there are lawyers out there reading your every word GTU.
Threats and lies are the work of the desperate people that attack me.  Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth~Albert Einstein  RIP