News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• October 20, 2020, 06:22:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2020, 06:22:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Campaigning Time Greatly Reduced By Mail In Election  (Read 4582 times)

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
Campaigning Time Greatly Reduced By Mail In Election
« on: May 20, 2014, 06:33:17 PM »
The following is taken from the Martin & White Doing It Right campaign website.

According to this "Info" potentially ballots packages could arrive at a member's home address before or at virtually the same time as an official election publication or any candidate's mail out.

A member could send back his/her vote selections without seeing all information from candidates.

I hope that is not the case but the following "Election Info" is implying that it could be the case if packages arrive shortly after May 8, 2014.

The Official Election Publication information was due on May 15, 2014.

The publication will need to be printed and delivered to the local union office and then mailed to the membership, if that is not done by the end of this week and immediately mailed out to all the membership it could potentially be delayed till the beginning week of May 26, 2014. If it is mailed out them it could be arriving in early June after the members have already received their voting packages.

I hope the people working on producing the Election Publication are considering this and making every effort to prioritize and expedite that effort so as to allow members some time to consider their choices.

I hope it isn't like the monthly newsletter that almost always arrives at members homes late after the monthly meetings instead of the week prior to the meetings.     

Election Info

Our upcoming IBEW Local 353 election of officers, to be completed by June 19 2014, will be the first time in our history that you’ll have the opportunity to cast your vote in a mail-in Ballot without having to take the time to travel to vote at polling stations. It’s a new and convenient way to choose the officers you want to lead Local 353.

The vote is completely confidential and maintains impartiality and transparency. According to our by-laws, the Election Judge will engage an outside, impartial balloting company to handle all aspects of the mail-in vote. The company will be responsible for mailing out the Ballots, collecting and tabulating them, and ensure that everything about this election is handled in accordance with our bylaws.

Soon after May 8th the Election Judge will mail out the Ballot Packages. If you haven’t received your Ballot Package by the end of May, please contact the Election Judge who will make sure one is sent to you.

The Ballot package will consist of:?• Ballot sheets?• Official Ballot Envelope?• Return Mail Envelope

Mark your Ballot and place it in the Official Ballot Envelope. Seal it and place it in the Return Mail Envelope. Do not mark the Ballot Envelope, but remember to place your name and address in the upper right corner on the Return Mail Envelope. Any Return Mail Envelopes that do not have that information will be invalid. This envelope will be used to confirm your vote, but will be discarded before the Ballot inside is tabulated, ensuring your anonymity.

Once you’ve completed the above, just place it in the Mail.

Make sure that you have your Ballot in the mail to arrive on or before June 19. Any Ballots received after that date will not be counted.

For more detailed information, check out the ‘Mail-in Ballot’ Video at the 353 site: http://www.ibew353.org/
It’s important to VOTE! Your input will decide the direction of the Local for the next three years. And now, with this Mail-in Vote, it’s easier than ever.

http://doingitright353.ca/election-info/
I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
Re: Campaigning Time Greatly Reduced By Mail In Election
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 11:58:59 PM »
On Friday May 16, 2014 I informed the Election Judge Ralph Heath that I wanted to mail out campaign literature to the members on the unemployed list. He informed me that he would need to talk with the people at the hall to arrange it. I left it with him and asked that he do it ASAP because of the limited time available till the ballots were in the hands of the members.

He told me he would get back to me on that.

Later that day I asked if he had talked to anyone about it and he said no, so I said I would also send an email to document my request.

On Tuesday I called and asked him about it and he told me that the answer was yes but I needed to specify exactly what I wanted in writing. I immediately sent him another email with a more specific request.

Today Wednesday I called Ralph Heath and he told me that he was waiting for numbers so he could show them to me to see if I was agreeable. I told Ralph that in the past the list was separated according to my request and there was no special charge for that. After the work of addressing the envelopes was done by the staff I was sent a bill to pay.

I reminded him that time was short and that if the ballots were to be sent out on Monday May 26, 2014 then a candidate would want to make sure that any literature they sent out would get there before that time. He agreed that potentially a member could get the ballot package and vote immediately.

As of the end of the day today I did not get any feedback about the issue.

I was told that as far as he knew there were no other mail outs scheduled by any other candidates.

Tomorrow is Thursday May 22, 2014 and I will approach the day not knowing any more than I did on Friday May 16, 2014 when I initially made my request and asked that it be dealt with ASAP.     

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 04:09:18 PM »
So obvious that the current IBEW 353 officers
are dead set against giving any IBEW 353 member
any time to campaign against them.

Those current IBEW 353 officers giving the IBEW a bad name.  >:(

Offline GoodTradeUnionist

• YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 10:58:12 PM »
Campaigning starts the day after the union election and nothing has changed.

There is still the pre and post writ campaigning.

I think the more salient fact is the utter absence of opposition in the 353 union election, the unprecedented acclamations, and the fact there were universal acclamations in the newly amalgamated North and East units.

You're chewing about the mail-in ballot, when there seems to be membership contentment with the status quo.

Calm political waters, and the loss of Joe Fashion proves that when the table was set, a new administration took root and flowered.

Smart leaders, once successors, pay homage to their political benefactors.

Just goes to prove, Martin & White - still doing it right. 

Just retired, enjoying my pension.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 10:34:52 AM »
Word around the hall is that you were replaced as the campaign manager this time around. >:(

They said that they brought in "the Professor" Les.

They said that he is much smarter than you. ???

I'm surprised that you are sitting in the shadows and sulking because you were demoted. :'(

Pick yourself up and get in there.

Look at me I don't get paid to be organizer but I still infiltrate non union jobs and talk to the oppressed.

I do it just to stay in shape. :)

Now stop giving us that poor me the ex Propaganda Minister and campaign manager attitude and get off the bench and in the action... you have about a day left. ;)

Before the members send in their ballots.

I even saw the Robert White rolling into the hall yesterday afternoon looking all sweaty he even had boots on maybe from beating the campaign trail.

I bet the Brothers and Sisters on the job sites are flushed with election excitement about all the talk at their lunch tables.

And literature and stickers. ;)

"Doing it Right"

Now why couldn't you come up with something catchy like that. :(

No wonder they brought in the professor. ???

It's the K...I...S...S principle don't you know. 

• YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 09:54:44 PM »
Yes, a changing of the guard.  It's healthy, and reflects the maturing of the new guard.

But the best battles are behind us, and they were the one's that mattered most.

As for the Professor, that faux pas in the newsletter was a dandy!

But he is the personification of a Hall Monk. And you will not find a finer stand-up brother.

I consider Les is a solid social democrat, a committed trade unionist, and a caring individual.

His union compass always points true north, but it's his intellectual propensity that is his sterling quality.

But the Martin-White bench is greater than one man, because it's a Team.

And let me remind you of one important fact.  I have not lost any skill sets or got rusty.  However, I have stayed focused on my job, which you should be thankful.

I'll tell you what I told Bill A. - I stay in my lane and run my race. 

Do you really think I'm on waivers? 

The past three years have been in preparation for June 2014, and I'm feeling confident that all the hard work will pay off.

I'm looking forward to the EBoard vote tally.  Since you have experience handicapping elections, do you think a guy without a 309A or 309C will get the most EBoard votes?  He did the last time, but only 5 more than Lester.

In my opinion, the bad blood politics is behind us.  Those that are committed and hard working, can focus on representing and helping the members.

And what a liberating experience to do one's job without the political chaos that once prevailed.

However, don't for one minute believe the Propaganda Minister retired his title, because I'm sure he can summon his other side into duty when called upon.

Let's just agree that we are both past our best before date.  Nothing personal, but I'd sooner be your friend than enemy, because you are smart, tenacious, and a bit crazy like me.

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
Gary Majesky is hanging in there!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 12:40:44 AM »

However, don't for one minute believe the Propaganda Minister retired his title, because I'm sure he can summon his other side into duty when called upon.

Gary Majesky,
you do a fine job of continuing to remind us of what is wrong within the union.  :P

• YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 05:52:40 AM »
Eric,

You were a Hall Monk for 25 minutes before I.O. pulled the plug on Reinhard.

Remember the feeling entering the 424 Temple, guns blazing and motivated to the hilt. ;D

But then you're hit with the realization that the organization is peopled by lesser lights.

The frustration was palpable.  You'd swim your lengths in the morning, come into the office, only to realize there was more work to be done to tune-up the union. 

By then, you were under Jim Watson's watchful eye and the rest is history. :o

I too remember your brief footnote in the annals of 424 history. 

The smart one's always cause the establishment indigestion. 

Plop, plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is, and your very brief career as a union muck-raker was over.

Blond Liberal said it best, and it applies to Perry...your piddly itches that you contort into crusades.  No finer words have been spoken to describe your cause celeb antics. ;)

It was an honour jousting with you all, and in the twilight of my life (and career) I want you to know that the fact I sleep easy, and have no political worries whatsoever, means you pose no threat to the IBEW and the work we all do.

There is so much good work done by representatives from Myerside down to the lowly trenches at the local level.

To be a Hall Monk is a noble calling.  And for all your distortion, you long to wear the robes but will never enter the temple grasshopper.

Amen to that brother.

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
Eric,

You were a Hall Monk for 25 minutes before I.O. pulled the plug on Reinhard.

Yes Gary Majesky
when I realized that the IBEW Dictator IP Ed Hill's finger puppet IBEW IR Larry Schell was colluding with Jim Watson
and that no improvement for the members would ever happen under such a Dictatorship,
I asked for a lay off after 2 months.
After all, what person of sound mind would stick with a corporation that doesn't strive to be the best and doesn't allow its' employees to strive for excellence? The IBEW is supposed to be a union for the members not a cash cow for Propaganda Ministers like you.

Remember the feeling entering the 424 Temple, guns blazing and motivated to the hilt. ;D

But then you're hit with the realization that the organization is peopled by lesser lights.

Yes Gary Majesky,
it was an inspiring feeling to think that one has an opportunity to improve the IBEW for the members.

And you're right, it is unfortunate that the IBEW is peopled with disgracefully, corrupt dim lights like yourself.

The frustration was palpable.  You'd swim your lengths in the morning, come into the office, only to realize there was more work to be done to tune-up the union. 

Gary Majesky….
do you realize how "creepy" that sounds? To know my personal schedule of when I swim? Think about that….
At least you're acknowledging that the IBEW is in need of a MAJOR tune-up.

By then, you were under Jim Watson's watchful eye and the rest is history. :o

And that disgracefully corrupt Jim Watson was under the watchful ear of the membership:

http://yourlisten.com/Listen/dictator-ibew-424-jim-wat  < recorded for historical reference.  ;)

I too remember your brief footnote in the annals of 424 history. 

The smart one's always cause the establishment indigestion. 

Gary Majesky,
History is still unfolding.
You and your established buddies will be getting indigestion from Brother Perry Speranza for a very, very long time...till the very end I believe.

Plop, plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is, and your very brief career as a union muck-raker was over.

Having been fraudulently expelled by Tim Brower and Jim Watson didn't affect my ability to exercise my Freedom of Speech by continuing to expose LIARS like Brower, Watson, Schell, Ed Hill and you Majesky.
Oh and now there are shameful CUPE 30 officers that have the spotlight on them. Seems there is an unfortunate abundance of people who misuse and abuse their positions in unions.
Gary, why are you so disillusioned to think that my right to expose corruption can be stopped?
And considering that I never stopped.... does denial give you comfort Gary?

Blond Liberal said it best, and it applies to Perry...your piddly itches that you contort into crusades.  No finer words have been spoken to describe your cause celeb antics. ;)

Gary Majesky,
as long as there are disgracefully corrupt people like you, the crusades to seek natural justice will never end.
Funny you mentioned crusades, as I have an ally whose bloodline is that of the Knights Templar

It was an honour jousting with you all, and in the twilight of my life (and career) I want you to know that the fact I sleep easy, and have no political worries whatsoever, means you pose no threat to the IBEW and the work we all do.

If there is no threat to Ed Hill's dictatorship  Gary Majesky,
why the continual unfair practices within the IBEW 353?
Why the continual attacks against Brother Perry Speranza?
Why do you respond to me?
Obviously you are all deathly afraid of having Brother Speranza or any IBEW member get a fair opportunity to campaign against the established corruption within the IBEW.
As for you Gary Majesky?
Your sleeping well at night,
despite the disgracefully corrupt acts committed by your 'established' IBEW comrades,
is indicative of your sociopathic character.

There is so much good work done by representatives from Myerside down to the lowly trenches at the local level.

Gary Majesky,
how is delaying justice and violating justice considered good work?
If Brother Speranza's charges against the IBEW 353 officers are so frivolous, why has the IBEW 1st District IVP Bill Daniels taken so long to make a decision on them?

To be a Hall Monk is a noble calling.  And for all your distortion, you long to wear the robes but will never enter the temple grasshopper.

Amen to that brother.

Well that's the problem with you Gary Majesky.
You keep distorting the truth of my intentions.
You laughingly suggest that I would want to wear the robes of a disgracefully, corrupt temple of scoundrels.

And Gary Majesky,
You should be careful who or what you're "Amening" to.  ;)

• YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 01:50:28 AM »
I'll get back to you on June 20th regarding the 353 election results and report back whether you moved the electoral needle one iota.

But I must ask, do you have a vote in this 353 election?

Oh, I forgot, you're not a 353 member, don't live in Ontario (but Alberta) and were expelled from the IBEW five years ago, or is that 6?  No matter.

Most members have no experience or comprehension of the miscreant nature to be expelled from ones union.

The closet parallel is the kid who is turfed from school.  To achieve that notoriety, you have to rape a student, blow up a classroom, incite hatred, that kind of thing.

Which brings us back to Erik De-Klynn. 

You were summarily removed from membership, not just 424, but the entire IBEW.

That is a rare feat, and one you must surely be proud.

So the bottom line is, you have no say, no vote, and chumming the waters while you sit at your keyboard 2200 miles and 3 provinces away.

As I said, I'll get back to you after the 353 election is over, because I want you to see what hard work, dedication, and union principles are all about. 

Because the only opinion that counts is the membership, and the membership and floor are NEVER wrong.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 07:56:39 AM »

As I said, I'll get back to you after the 353 election is over, because I want you to see what hard work, dedication, and union principles are all about. 

Because the only opinion that counts is the membership, and the membership and floor are NEVER wrong.

Gary Majesky,

You said "union principles".

Union principles like honesty?

Union principles like fairness?

Union principles like justice?

It's been demonstrated to me by some current local 353 officers that you don't care about honesty because you all approve of improper minutes that misrepresent what happens at our union meetings.

It's been demonstrated to me that some current local 353 officers misrepresent the truth when testifying at a local union Trial Board against a fellow member.

It's been demonstrated to me that many of the current officers don't have the courage to defend the truth and so they are in violation of the pledge took in front of members.

That is Disgraceful. :-[

You are one of them.

But you want to pontificate about union principles?

I wonder which principles you represent Gary Majesky?

Remember actions speak, and talk is cheap.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 02:49:37 PM »
Despite the "feeling out process" the mail in ballot election problems didn't get fixed by the new appointed election judge, they actually got worse. >:(

What will be the excuse or justification for what has been allowed to happen in the IBEW Local 353 Convention Delegate Election. ???

So far complaints have been ignored by the election judge. ???   

The following is taken from the Martin & White Doing It Right campaign website.

According to this "Info" potentially ballots packages could arrive at a member's home address before or at virtually the same time as an official election publication or any candidate's mail out.

A member could send back his/her vote selections without seeing all information from candidates.

I hope that is not the case but the following "Election Info" is implying that it could be the case if packages arrive shortly after May 8, 2014.

The Official Election Publication information was due on May 15, 2014.

The publication will need to be printed and delivered to the local union office and then mailed to the membership, if that is not done by the end of this week and immediately mailed out to all the membership it could potentially be delayed till the beginning week of May 26, 2014. If it is mailed out them it could be arriving in early June after the members have already received their voting packages.

I hope the people working on producing the Election Publication are considering this and making every effort to prioritize and expedite that effort so as to allow members some time to consider their choices.

I hope it isn't like the monthly newsletter that almost always arrives at members homes late after the monthly meetings instead of the week prior to the meetings.     

Election Info

Our upcoming IBEW Local 353 election of officers, to be completed by June 19 2014, will be the first time in our history that you’ll have the opportunity to cast your vote in a mail-in Ballot without having to take the time to travel to vote at polling stations. It’s a new and convenient way to choose the officers you want to lead Local 353.

The vote is completely confidential and maintains impartiality and transparency. According to our by-laws, the Election Judge will engage an outside, impartial balloting company to handle all aspects of the mail-in vote. The company will be responsible for mailing out the Ballots, collecting and tabulating them, and ensure that everything about this election is handled in accordance with our bylaws.

Soon after May 8th the Election Judge will mail out the Ballot Packages. If you haven’t received your Ballot Package by the end of May, please contact the Election Judge who will make sure one is sent to you.

The Ballot package will consist of:?• Ballot sheets?• Official Ballot Envelope?• Return Mail Envelope

Mark your Ballot and place it in the Official Ballot Envelope. Seal it and place it in the Return Mail Envelope. Do not mark the Ballot Envelope, but remember to place your name and address in the upper right corner on the Return Mail Envelope. Any Return Mail Envelopes that do not have that information will be invalid. This envelope will be used to confirm your vote, but will be discarded before the Ballot inside is tabulated, ensuring your anonymity.

Once you’ve completed the above, just place it in the Mail.

Make sure that you have your Ballot in the mail to arrive on or before June 19. Any Ballots received after that date will not be counted.

For more detailed information, check out the ‘Mail-in Ballot’ Video at the 353 site: http://www.ibew353.org/
It’s important to VOTE! Your input will decide the direction of the Local for the next three years. And now, with this Mail-in Vote, it’s easier than ever.

http://doingitright353.ca/election-info/