News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• October 24, 2020, 11:57:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2020, 11:57:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Mobility Rights  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
Re: Mobility Rights
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 12:58:21 PM »
 ???

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 01:00:47 PM »

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 09:29:24 PM »

Offline 993grumpy

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 01:57:32 AM »
Before you start talking shit about 993 realize that we are doing our best to get ALL IBEW members to this project! The camp logistics are a friggin nightmare for us our contractors and especially our hard working dispatch! if you have been cleared and delayed we will do our best to get you working as soon as we can. The ads you see on HRDC website are in anticipation of the call not being filled in Canada (long process) as long as there are Canadians to take Jobs then we will use Canadians end of story. Don't think for a Friggn minute that I would not fill the project with Canadian Brothers as I have tramped all over this country for the last 30 Friggn years and care first about Canada and my brothers and sisters from 230 to 1620 and all points in between.
Glen Hilton Business Manager IBEW 993

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 02:22:35 AM »
Before you start talking shit about 993 realize that we are doing our best to get ALL IBEW members to this project! The camp logistics are a friggin nightmare for us our contractors and especially our hard working dispatch! if you have been cleared and delayed we will do our best to get you working as soon as we can. The ads you see on HRDC website are in anticipation of the call not being filled in Canada (long process) as long as there are Canadians to take Jobs then we will use Canadians end of story. Don't think for a Friggn minute that I would not fill the project with Canadian Brothers as I have tramped all over this country for the last 30 Friggn years and care first about Canada and my brothers and sisters from 230 to 1620 and all points in between.

993grumpy,
Are you Glen Hilton or just passing his message on?
Regardless, if you wish to speak with Michael Hooper, you need to go to the following Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/electrical.traveler/

Offline 993grumpy

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 02:48:08 AM »
I am Glen Hilton, 993 is my local, I will contact Michael Direct on Wednesday, Members across the country have to know that we are Brothers and Sisters first not unlike everyone else, myself and my dispatch office are doing the best we can under difficult circumstances , like I said earlier I have traveled across this country and learned from that life experience, what we do now will affect the treatment of members 1 2 or 3 generations down the road. When I arrived in Oshawa in 1985 a Brother (Robby Ronan local 894) that was in Kamloops in 1971 was in the Bowmanville hall, he said to the BM at that time, "hey I was in Kamloops at the pulp mill job and they treated me great, treat these apprentices well while they are here".  This stuck with Me forever and drives our locals philosophy towards travelers in our local.

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 03:02:24 AM »
Well good evening Glen.  :)

Camp room availability is a common problem.
It would seem that Michael Hooper did not receive an explanation and is just venting his frustration.

So, the ad on the HRDC website is because they are anticipating the use of TFWs?
If so, then I imagine Canadian non-IBEW members who apply will be kept on a list and hired before TFWs.
Thanks for coming on OurLocal353 to clear things up.
We need more official IBEW officers participating "openly" on the site!

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 06:37:17 PM »

The ads you see on HRDC website are in anticipation of the call not being filled in Canada (long process) as long as there are Canadians to take Jobs then we will use Canadians end of story.

Dear Glen Hilton (993grumpy),

So...
I gather that they are expanding the work camp to be able to take on more workers?
Because right now,
IBEW members are being turned away because there is no room in the work camps.

Seems the only way foreigners can be hired... is if they expand the work camp.