News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• October 22, 2020, 06:02:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2020, 06:02:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Congratulations  (Read 2205 times)

Offline ONMT

Congratulations
« on: July 23, 2014, 11:03:38 PM »
Let me be the first to say it on this site,

A big congrats to the Martin-White Team.
They ran a fair an honourable campaign and without hitting job sites to campaign
with nothing other than putting their record of accomplishments forward they carried the day.

It was nice to see unfettered democracy in action.  The membership has spoken loudly
with a solid mandate to lead and the numbers speak volumes about confidence Martin-White team.

Well done gentlemen and ladies.

Offline GoodTradeUnionist

• YaBB God
Congratulations
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 08:27:23 AM »
Hooray...it's been over 1-month before someone shared best wishes.

I was waiting for Speranza or Latimer to step up.

Not very sportsman like.

I guess we'll have to get used to the hissing serpants.

Just retired, enjoying my pension.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
Re: Congratulations
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 12:07:27 PM »
Hey, who woke up the Propaganda Minister and his pre apprentice ONMT?  ???

There was all sorts of congratulating going on at the ballot count Gary, you should know you were there.

And at the July union meeting too, we'll see what George chooses to put in his meeting highlights, or how he chooses to interpret it.

That's a nasty characterization about the hissing serpents.  ???

You must be thinking that you're in the Garden of Eden. :)

What a disappointing turn out to the vote count huh Gary? :-\

Only about 20 people including candidates and Joe Fashion, Geoff Nash and Grace from the office staff and a couple guys that work maintaining the hall. Quite a change from the days when the hall was full of people on election night? :(

We were outnumbered by Price Waterhouse Cooper people

Hardly anyone there to make it worthwhile making a speech, but it didn't stop Jeff Irons the acclaimed VP from stepping up in nice clear loud voice and making a short speech about how the local 353 opposition candidates might be like Hudak and resign.

He's quite the politician isn't he?

Too bad he's not for candidates debates during union elections and was all for banning campaign literature at the hall. I guess he's only about politics outside the union.

That's ok though who is going to know at the Labour Council, I bet he struts around at the House of Labour and acts like a big time high priest of union democracy. :-[   

How about the union meetings in July.

Not even the reelected BM/FS was there.

I was told that he was away because he needed to meet with a contractor.

Wow, a contractor take priority over the local union meeting. :-\

I bet I know why you're all upset with Brother Latimer, apparently he has taken issue with your being allowed take to liberties in the profile you submitted to the Election Judge for publication in the IBEW Official Election Publication sent out to all the members.

What's up with that? The election judge reviews and edits out anything that does not fall into the clear description of what is allowed, but he allowed you to include things that were not offices held and duties performed for or on behalf of the local union.

Good on Paul Latimer for catching that inconsistency. 

Do you get special consideration because of your high ranking position at the hall?

I'm surprised Jeff Irons the office manager at the hall didn't catch that, he was all over me when I was in there telling me about what was allowed and what was not.

I love our local 353, SOLIDARITY and SUCCESS to the members in Alberta!

• YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 12:54:14 PM »
Perry, you are the bearer of all sorts of news.  I didn't even know that Paulo Latimer filed charges against Gary?  Puzzling, one would think this bright light would share his flare for brilliance with the party whom he is charging or bashing.

I guess that's what little grass snakes do.  Bite at the ankles, hoping to bring down the big game.

All tormented and twisted up like a pretzel.

It has been said before, you guys have way too many grievances in relation to picayune issues.

This democracy thing is taking a bite our of your sensibilities.

Hopefully Paul Latimer can give a speech regarding the infringements he was complaining about.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 04:44:24 PM »
Gary Majesky/GoodTradeUnionist/Local 353 Executive Board member,

You must be the only one at the hall that didn't know about it, it was eluded to at the July South Unit union meeting by either an officer or the Election Judge when they commented that the election had been challenged and therefore he couldn't give us information about the cost of using the independent third party contractor to collect and count the ballot.

You should be aware that a protest of election is not charges against you Gary, you may see it as a "picayune issue" but why question a fellow member's sensibilities for exercising their right to protest?

I hope Paul will give a speech because the fact that it is not considered as a charge against a member or an officer does not preclude him from doing so... at least not according to the IBEW Constitution.

I can't say what the new Canadian Version of the IBEW Election Guide says about it because I was denied a copy by the Election Judge and the IBEW First District office, but you and the other incumbent and reelected officers have access to it according to Tom Reid.

So please enlighten us, I hope it's not too picayune for you.   

Offline ONMT

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 12:04:25 AM »
Now now Perry, I would like to referred to as the Junior Propaganda Minister.
Not that Pre-Apprentice is derogatory but show some respect.

After all those jobsites you visited around the GTA didn't you learn some manners ?
How did you manage to gain access to 100 or more job sites ?
What's your secret?  Share please.  A new generation want to understand
the play book of your political tricks, tips and insight.
You know like that internet phenom ??  TED TALKS -self help guru page

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 07:20:33 AM »
Ok Jeff, "Junior" Propaganda Minister,

"Secrets" there are no secrets to campaigning, obey the rules, follow protocol, have all your safety wear (PPE) if and when permission is granted to access a job site.

Boy you office types are out of touch it seems, maybe I could take you on ride along someday, would you like that? I mostly work alone though. I really enjoyed it, you can meet so many Brothers and Sisters. It's a good thing I made the effort because on most jobs all the members had was the Martin & White Team literature, stickers, fridge magnets, pencils. It was all nicely stacked on the lunch tables sometimes right where the shop steward sits.

But enough about all job site stuff I know that you office types are more cerebral, strategic and tactical.

I'll save all that for TED Talk. :)

I'm working on my powerpoint for that, hey could I use the meeting room at the hall, I have pictures videos, etc.

Wouldn't that be fun? We could invite Bill Daniels so he could get it first hand and not need to rely on reports from the busiest I.O. Rep in Canada Bruce McNamara, that would save about year of Bruce's time. (are you listening GTU? "resources" "savings" "efficiency") You could do the TED Talk on that one if you like.

Junior could assist you. :)

If you can get him out the office. ???

But aren't we getting off topic here.

Didn't Junior start out talking about "unfettered democracy"

Perhaps he could expound on that when he has some time.

• YaBB God
Congratulations
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 10:33:33 AM »
I thought you subscribed to the belief that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!

Guess you didn't take that civics lesson at one of the many I.O. training sessions you attended over the years.

That's too bad, because it is a good political creed to live by.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 01:15:45 PM »
A Larry Preistman ism, "My Dad told me that if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all,

So I'm not saying a f-ucking thing."

:)

I'm no Larry Preistman.

When I see a corrupt POS, I call em like I see em.

Because life is too short, and why leave it to someone else to do it.

• YaBB God
Congratulations
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 08:04:23 PM »
Regarding Paul Latimer,

Two images of Paul stand out.

The first is when he imbibes alcohol at the Valentine's dance then runs around tables telling people of his potent concoction (whispering about his CooCoo drugs), and how this mix isn't a good thing.  Nothing like channelling Rob Ford.

Next was at the May 2014 union meeting when members were nominated. 

I remember when Perry rose and nominated Paul Latimer for Recording Secretary, who then gave Perry the evil eye.  Latimer rose but declined the nomination, beating a quick retreat.

One would think that with all the harping about union meeting minutes, Latimer would have stepped up and stood shoulder to shoulder with Perry, since they spent 3-years challenging the Recording Secretary's minues.  When Latimer had his kill shot, he choked looking weak and feeble.

Mostly, I remember the look of fear on Latimer's face, likely because he hasn't worked more that 1 or 2 years since he came out of his time 20 years ago.

Whether it was his spotty work history, or the fact he couldn't nut up when it counted, we see evidence of an empty shell content to suck RobertG's dick like it was a Cuban cigar, particularly when plotting strategy at union meetings.

Oh well, glad I don't treat this stuff seriously, because it can and does get personal.

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 11:35:35 AM »
Gary Majesky/GoodTradeUnionist,

I am surprised to learn that Ed Hill is not aware of who you are, how could he have missed it?

Maybe he just forgot or is covering for you because you are one of his staunch supporters. ???

It's actually shocking to me that a guy like Ed Hill that claims to keep abreast of what IBEW members are saying on the Internet could have missed knowing about you.

You're famous. :-\

The following is an excerpt from a Facebook conversation about constitutional issues and member demonstrations.

Guess who's name came up?

Ed Hill Jim: Thank you for your comments, you should not worry about my temper, i think that my temper in not bad, at least i don't think it is. I do not know the person that you are talking about in LU 353 but i think that i will reserve comment on it, because i know only what is posted here. Because of some of what is going on in our governments, it is necessary to go outside the IBEW to get people with the ability to deal with some situations, but not to run the Local Unions. I know that we have gone outside the Brotherhood to get media people, attorney's, writers, and others to deal with the issues that are confronting us that a person who has been on the tools does not have the background to deal with, adequately.
Yesterday at 9:19am · Like

Upper Jim I agree ED. they should be hired, not be members of the organization and certainly not in positions of power including being on trial boards and deciding on members issues. But the fact remains there is one in 353 contrary to our Constitution. He is the main reason I will not pull my card from 303 and submit it in 353 the jurisdiction I have lived in for 4 years now. My government is having a field day making taxes off my travel expensis due to this guy who is liableous on line. It has cost my family financially in terms of employment.
Yesterday at 9:32am · Edited · Like 

• YaBB God
Congratulations
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 05:47:38 PM »
Memo to Jim Upper,

Brother Speranza, can you please pass along a message to Jimmy Upper.  Never could quite figure out how a political powerhouse like Jim Upper couldn't handle a meek Quaker like Brother Peter Wall when he was BM/FS? 

Unfortunately, he had a lot of anger issues regarding Gary Sorley and the management of the MERF. 

However, Brother Peter Wall was a true gentleman, not your typical labour shark, but I always loved his life journey, particularly the part where like Robinson Caruso, he took his family to live and work in the tropics for 2 years.  An adventurer at heart, and a man of honour. 

He made way for a great up and coming leader in Brother Mark Cherney, who needs no introduction.  In fact, at the May 2014 meeting, which you were in attendance, the Recording Secretary of L.U. 353 read a letter from Jim Upper's home local.  It read:

Dear Brother Smith,

I would like to take this time to personally thank Local 353 Brother Gary Majesky for the great work he does on behalf of IBEW sister and brothers challenged by our WSIB system.  Brother Majesky's services have improved the lives of many of our members who were dealing with issues involving their WSIB claims.  Local 353 has shown great leadership in standing up for the rights of workers and ensuring those injured on the job receive proper compensation.  The IBEW membership in Niagara truly appreciate Local353 affording us the opportunity to utilize such a great resource.

Fraternally,

Brother Cherney.

Reflecting back on the May 2014 union meeting, in which members were nominated for various positions, I noticed you tape recording the meeting proceeding.  Check the audio recording, because I swear I overheard you speaking to Gary Majesky, something about where was his WSIB report that month.  If I'm not mistaken, he said the (above) letter that was read out said it all.

Give my best wishes to Jim Upper.  He was an intelligent fellow, but a little bent out of shape over Tim Mitchinson ordeal.  Little Bro. 303.

On a personal note, do you really believe you do the IBEW a great favour with your internet postings, not just here, but across the world wide web.  I'm sure the leadership in Washington must have their belly full of you guys. 

Personally, I like Edwin Hill, because I respect his roots going back to 1957.  He rose through the ranks, and earned the right to lead the IBEW.  His resume is that of a true labour leader.  Now if I could get a little Beaver in Pennsylvania, I'd be happy! ;D

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 07:02:53 PM »
Oh Gary,

I'm sitting here in puddle of tears :'(

The anguish and contrition that I now feel about having criticized a person that is actually so appreciated by some. I mean, to selflessly give of yourself and become a resource to a sister local and be forced to accept while actually feeling that you richly deserve such accolades must be embarrassing for you. :-[

How lucky you are to have someone like George read it out for you.

I do remember it now, vaguely, I remember some of the members present that know you covering theirs faces to hide their emotions, it was hard to tell why they shook and quivered as they were affected by the words of praise.

I know that there were some tears coming out the corners of my eyes as I struggled to contain myself and cover my emotions so Robert Gullins wouldn't see me.

Some of the officers at the front were similarly affected.

Apparently you affected people far and wide to the extent that they will write letters about it.

Good for you.

I wish we had known that side of you here on this humble members forum, we would have dedicated something in your honour. Fear not sainted one, I'm sure plans are in the works to dedicate a room at the hall in your name if not a whole building someday.

I'm sure that Ed Hill will see your devoted comments and contemplate flying you down to Washington DC in the hope that he may convince you to stay and be his personal assistant in charge of writing flowery prose describing his career and accomplishments.

I look forward to reading your deepest praises about whatever needs to be deeply praised in the Electrical Worker magazine. I will show my friends and tell them... see that guy, I knew him when he was just a misinformation minister.

Please excuse me now while I crawl around the block on my knees as penance for having misjudged and praised your efforts more. Have we underestimated you all of these years?

By the way, I know you will be excited about this, this year will be the 10th anniversary of this member's forum.

And they said it wouldn't last... it's the most read IBEW member's forum on the world wide web. :)

Keeping bring the truth to those that look beyond the words to be able to know what you truly mean.

You inspire us Gary Majesky. ;)

Offline PSperanza

• YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 08:59:05 PM »
I mean, you had us all fooled when you pretended to be nasty. ???

http://ourlocal353.ca/forums/index.php?topic=5250.msg39529#msg39529

Many years ago when I joined the brotherhood, I was a stranger in a new land.

My only purpose was work and to find my way without harm and to do the best job I could.

Sadly, within Local 353 there were members who were so opposed to an administration they hurled vindictive and spite towards anyone who dared show support and work in common cause with Joe Fashion.

That was the eye opener for me.

Joe Fashion is and was a great union leader.  All his mortal enemies ALL worked for him at one time.  Their names are well known in the IBEW. Gill and gang, including Dave Hussey.  Speranza.  And Bobby Gullins.  In fact, Joe hired Bob Gullins not once, but twice.

Sadly, I too recognize that Joe had flaws, but it was good decency that always got the better of him.

He trusted and gave young union upstarts an opportunity to grow, get involved, bring magic and enthusiasm to the job of being a representative.

Having watched the trials and tribulations from a very privileged position, I witnessed the political self destruction of each and every one of them. 

They collectively soiled our union organization with rancid allegations of corruption, corporate unionism, broken promises, and other complaints of the me, me, me variety.

I learned one vital lesson in that time.  Joe Fashion is and was a good union man.  His door was always open for a member and representative who had a good idea. 

In time I realized that some of the representatives were less then honourable.  They whispered foul obscenities about Barry Stevens being of questionable sexual orientation, his support of gay causes, his pink slippers, and all the other code words immortalized on this website.  They made rude remarks about Joe Fashion in the 353 office while as his employees they shouted “Joe, your nurse is here to change your diapers.”

All of this did one very important thing.  It inoculated me from any criticism they may have of me or foist upon the faint of heart.  They emblazoned in my heart the commitment to look them in the eye and piss on their trousers as they would mine.

These opponents of Joe Fashion claim to be true bearers of the union faith.  Yet their political legacy is thread bear and hollow.

Empty rhetoric about Ed Nott and Mike Lloyd is comical.  An education director who did not expand his training empire, refused to support a west-end training center.  Failed to get on the boat and lobby for free government money that would provide capital improvements and other money for our new training center, including equipment and supplies for two training centers; is truly amazing. 

The man was so stuck in yesterday that it was inevitable that once others started working in Tech Ed, his palpable lack of vision and energy was obvious to all.  Thus, his retrenchment and need to seek solace with other folks who see themselves as disenfranchised. 

The test here is how a person responds once they leave the union office, particularly after they have never missed a Local 353 pay check in 20 years.  Some did so with honour such as Bob Gill who never sued his union.  But not Ed Nott, no this man along with his political soul mate filed a law suit.  And these are the fine upstanding brothers that some cling to as beacons of brotherhood.  That’s your choice. 

I can honestly say that I have no regrets and recognize each and every one of you who armed only with political ambition seek union office not because they have any good ideas.  But on a hate theology created for a person who did not earn such disrespect such as Tim Brower and Joe Fashion. 

In that strange undercurrent of politics I was born.  I am no superman, but I fight like him.  Make no mistake, you piss on my family or people I respect, you earn an enemy for life.  Each and every one of you have been decent to me at some time.  But it is your vulgar political and social behaviour that soured me. 

I will never let a good man be bullied.  I detest bullies.  I also see through the political nonsense of Perry Speranza, but so does our membership, industry, and anyone in a position of political power. 

Empty politicians like Bob Gullins only prove one thing.   Democracy is an imperfect institution and we must be on guard to protect against the tyrants and imposters that under blanket of free speech and brotherhood have no scruples and thus are hollow salesman of despair.  Tim Armstrong said it best about change and the need of some to cling to yesterday even though yesterday contains no hope for our problems of today.  Gullins peddled nostalgia and a political faith. 

Yet leadership is more than having a good idea.  In a union it means being able to work with those around you and they in turn for you.  If your entire political philosophy or modus operandi is to create schisms, such as Perry Speranza, and those that latch onto his coattails see this as leadership, we are all doomed.

The gauntlet has been dropped.  The future of the IBEW has been written.  No foul mouthed pretender of any sort will hijack our union for their ill gotten gain. 

I say this to each and every one of you.  You know the political danger that lurks within me.  I have not unleashed the fury yet.  I prefer to work and keep my head low in the pursuit of helping my fellow brothers.  But I will not allow Erik Klyne and company to erode the basic principles of brotherhood because they bring no noble purpose to the administration of a union. 

I am the dude, and you can read my op-ed piece every month in the GTA. And remember, I am working for you!

barry thanks for the proxy link...please use my other email - call me tonight, we have to talk about Perry and his tool crib gig.  Sounds interesting?  TC

Offline serf

• David Ammond
  • YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 10:24:14 PM »
That's nice Majesky, one positive review. Do you have any more?
“Unfettered capitalism is a revolutionary force that consumes greater and greater numbers of human lives until it finally consumes itself.”
      Chris Hedges, The Death of the Liberal Class