News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• October 22, 2020, 05:52:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2020, 05:52:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: No Democracy in the IBEW  (Read 8429 times)

Offline Conversationalist

Re: No Democracy in the IBEW
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2015, 03:54:04 PM »
I read your blog. Persistence does pay off finally. Please post it here so we can all read about the dragging of feet by everyone involved which is corruption as well.

I guess Ed Hill has hightailed it out. Too many failed lawsuits, your case, Perrys, the exhorbitant $50,000 fine to a USA member that was levied by the members local.  Great leader. NOT

I enjoyed your post about the finger. Raise that finger high. Your blog is well written and exposes so much.

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2015, 05:14:32 PM »
When I talked of persistence I meant in being locked out of the account and finally you were allowed access again with a fight.   Again corruption abounds in your case with dragging of feet-- they have  paid lawyers you do not ---they change the story--they intimidate you etc etc.

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2015, 06:05:58 PM »
So Good  Trade Unionist---no comment on this case-silent on important stuff?---

So if a 353 member with ADD happened to be injured and the compensation board tried to use anything in his past medical history to deny it perhaps using ADD in some subtle way --would not the union wsib rep fight for this member?

Don't like the question. Point blank it is. You don't have to answer and  you probably never would but you seem to know so much about the wsib rep we thought you'd like to give your two cents worth.

The IO doesn't intravene and let's face it over two years is a little drawn out...no its ridiculous---so maybe this Tom guy being such a great trade unionist can answer from a legal standpoint  including why Jaimie has no paid legal representation which would have stopped the time delay.

« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2015, 04:54:28 PM »
I read your WordPress post and see the Alberta human rights commission closed the case.

Go to the ADD society and ask for their help with a lawyer and sue the ibew 424 and Alberta human rights commission in Alberta provincial Court.

Offline jbaillie

« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2015, 06:35:47 PM »
And here is the latest about the IBEW LU 424
and a response I just got from the IBEW LU 424 today.

https://ibewdiscriminates.wordpress.com/2015/08/26/ibew-response/

Offline jbaillie

« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2015, 11:40:32 PM »
IBEW Lawyers lying yet again

Trying to say that the IBEW 1st District and
International Office are not separate entities
from the local which is very untrue.

https://ibewdiscriminates.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/503/

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2015, 08:45:57 PM »
We just have to go to the contractor interference case in the Ontario Labour Relations board  domain to find the answer to whether they are separate legal entities or not. The IO had their own lawyers attend the contractor interference case in Toronto as well as ibew 353. Thus they made themselves a separate entity in a case that was between the ibew 353 members and the contractors and of which the union including the IO should have remained neutral as they failed their duty of fair representation by doing so.

Follow the process of Perry Speranza and his kangaroo court charges. First IO First District and then to IO Washington for the appeals.

Ibew 424 is stalling once again as they are embarassed by this online exposure of your case. Have you gotten in touch with the ADD Society of Canada?

The question here to ask is why is the IO not providing you with a lawyer to defend yourself?

Is this a different lawyer now contacting you. Not the one that had an obvious conflict of interest? Because if they changed lawyers because of the conflict of interest then they have cost ibew 424 members fees because of their incompetence with respect to the choice of lawyers and caused you undue stress as well for their incompetence.  That shows the importance of airing this publicly as it forces changes that are necessary. Thats why the lawsuit of Perry Speranza for libel is without merit as Perry Speranza has been forced to publicly expose his dealings in order to be heard and hopefully force changes.

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2015, 08:20:03 AM »
So Jaimie put the IO Washington and First District and ibew 424 separately as per the instructions of a governmental agency so the union and io have no standing and therefore have proven they are trying to sabotage Jaimies fight to work and if Jaimie had paid legal representation this would not occur and that is why a clause is not in the ibew constitutiion because the union knows they would not be able to get away with stuff like they do as we see in this case in Alberta.

So once again government authorities step up to the plate immediately. I hope you are not like the commercial for Ikea where the bears come in and find goldilocks sleeping and our great narrator takes off. I hope you goverments are not afraid of this union. Now that would be quite sad.

Offline EastCoast

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2015, 06:02:54 PM »
Jamie Bailey
How come you don't go work CLAC...