Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2021, 02:16:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Author Topic: Trial Board  (Read 4585 times)

Offline westender

• Harvey E Anstey
  • YaBB God
Trial Board
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 02:54:18 PM »
Well got it in the mail the charges where deemed untimely.

STAND TOGETHER Lets put Brother back in Brotherhood.
It's OUR UNION GET INVOLVED OR WATCH IT DISAPPEAR

Offline undertheradar

• Honesty is the Best Policy.
Trial Board
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 07:43:13 PM »
He's not a brother westender, he doesn't have a card.

More like a weasal.

Good luck for tommorows election. ;)

He does now icyman >:(

Joe must be reading your posts. ;D

Offline westender

• Harvey E Anstey
  • YaBB God
Trial Board
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 06:36:44 PM »
It is just too bad that Perry and myself both had to lose a days pay proving the charges where untimely. The nice thing is that Joe admitted to looking at all the pictures so now he can’t charge anybody else for the demonstrations.

Please show up to support the motion to pay anybody who appears in front of the trial board.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 11:59:25 PM by ForumRanger »

Offline icyman

• Get Real.....Too much of one thing is good for nothing
  • YaBB God
Trial Board
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2006, 06:58:25 PM »
I just hope that motion makes it to the next meeting.
motions have a habit of losing their way back from I.O. >:(
Life is all about Ass; You're either Covering it, Laughing it Off, kicking it, Kissing it, Busting it, Trying to get a Piece of it or Behaving like One !!!

Offline undertheradar

• Honesty is the Best Policy.
Trial Board
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 10:11:31 PM »
[/It is just too bad that Perry and myself both had to lose a days pay proving the charges where untimely. The nice thing is that Joe admitted to looking at all the pictures so now he can’t charge anybody else for the demonstrations.

hey Westender

Please explain what you mean by untimely.

You are right, why should someone show up for a trial and lose a days pay before he even get found guilty. Thats bullshit and they should pay you.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 10:12:42 PM by undertheradar »

Offline rigid

Trial Board
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 11:52:38 PM »
The worst part is the trial board is all being paid...they are all reps...wow impartial and a group of our peers...for an example lets say: a brother has to take a day off a job that lasts 6 weeks...so 30 days...which is equal to 3% of his earnings...if my math is correct...now that member who is on the trial board (a rep in this case) does he lose 3%of his wage that would be fair...no i do believe his paid a per diem for that e-board trial...so once again the rank and file take it up the pooper. we will just keep bending over and taking it.  ???

Offline westender

• Harvey E Anstey
  • YaBB God
Trial Board
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 10:31:24 PM »
Perry acted as my counsel. He got Joe to admit that when he filed the original charges he had read that whole topic and looked at a picture of myself and other brother that included our names therefore he should have been "reasonably aware" of the alleged offence and charged me. As you only have 60 days to file charges he was beyond this so the charges where "untimely" and therefore tossed.

This trial also had the effect of removing Joe's ability to charge anyone else he might decide to charge if he felt like it in the near future in relation to that demonstration.

So myself and my counsel lost a days pay to fight charges that never should have been addressed in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 11:01:00 PM by ForumRanger »

Offline Chief

Trial Board
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007, 11:49:38 AM »
Every union must provide disciplinary authority if it is to protect its internal political and fiscal integrity and fulfill its collective bargaining obligations. Typically the disciplinary authority within unions is shared by the union president and the general executive board exercising legislative, executive, and judicial powers.

This disciplinary power can be used to the incumbents' political advantage. First, union constitutions often grant officers extensive discretion to discipline based on their opinion or judgment regarding the best interests of the union.  Second, union constitutions almost always include at least one general or "catchall" prohibition not explicitly defining the behavior outlawed, such as "conduct unbecoming a member" or "bringing the union into disrepute." These provisions also can be used to quiet critics. Third, most unions lack an independent judiciary for, as noted, the legislative, executive, and judicial functions are merged in the officers. This structure can be a fundamental weakness when the substance of a disciplinary charge involves a policy of the union, as often is the case when discipline arises of a political opponent.

Given these potentials for abuse, what is, perhaps, most notable about union disciplinary machinery may be that abuse has not been widespread. Yet the above defects make union disciplinary procedures faulty "precisely at the point where the political process within the union is involved."

A substantial minority of unions safeguards the board's independence by providing a regional election base. In those unions political life is more vibrant. This is not simply a theoretical prediction,  "the availability of . . . highly placed full-time officials with independent power is one of the most important structural characteristics which facilitates successful opposition."

Offline 353boy

• YaBB God
Trial Board
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
People
 please ...anybody who presides over a Kangaroo court and thinks he is doing the right thing has a couple screws loose
I would question at best his integrity and second his motives....

We expect people in power to give it up because we beleive that their political techniques were not proper.....that may very well be naive of us

beyond that when there is a motion brought forth on the floor  there should be no need for one person to decide whether or not it is valid....He may very welllll be subjective  and not objective as he should be.....what may be best for all of us may not be best for the one person

Hell even the whole EBOARD failed or refuse to recognize that they were in conflict..... so why are we blaming just one person.....We should pick on every member of the EBOARd and see what we can do to eleiminat the fact that no member of the EBOARD should hold any other position in the hall ...especialy working for the BM.......
 blahhhhh blahh blahh
you alllllll have a great week end.....including you MR inalienable

Offline okimlistening

Trial Board
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 06:57:32 PM »
The above post is from one of those that have been charged.  And now you know who is behind all this inter-net chat-s*** and a charter member of the ABJ crowd.   :D

They are trying to destabalize LU 353 because they want power and the ability to appoint their buddies as Reps.

One thing they should understand is the IBEW Internal Trial Board is not the Supreme Court of Canada.  The Trial Board is there is uphold IBEW laws.   :o

Bros. Speranza better stayed focused otherwise he will use fall prey to the old Ethel and Julius Rosenberg defense.  

Bros. Speranza is confused because he is hiding behind the skirt of the Canadian Charter of Rights.  The same legal document that Ernst Zundel argued gave him the right to denounce the hollocast.  

The IBEW protesters and inter-net chat king think their right to self-expressions trumps the IBEW laws we all swore to uphold when they became members.   :-X

I'm looking forward to the trial and the results.

Already there is palpable fear in their ranks.  As there should be.  Finally Joe Fashion has acted and very decisively.  :-\

Time to eat some crow BTU ;D

Need something to wash it down?

Offline TheCritic

Trial Board
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 08:56:31 PM »
Barry

Certainly looking forward to your response.

Chances are Barry smartass intolerable harrysomething will show up with the 26 ounce flu to provide an alternative perspective to the vindication of Perry by Brother Ed Hill.  Don't expect too many jokes this time around because he had the smile wiped from his face by the latest Washington decision.  

Thanks Brother Hill for a small mercy.  It has been long overdue and I can only believe it is because you have been mislead as to what is really happening in Toronto.

Offline icyman

• Get Real.....Too much of one thing is good for nothing
  • YaBB God
Trial Board
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 06:58:17 PM »
Time to eat some crow BTU

Need something to wash it down?

I,m sure he's got a 40 ouncer ready.

enjoy. ;D
Life is all about Ass; You're either Covering it, Laughing it Off, kicking it, Kissing it, Busting it, Trying to get a Piece of it or Behaving like One !!!

Offline okimlistening

Trial Board
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 06:12:05 PM »
Watch me as do my imitation of the President at the next meeting,

decision? what decision ???

can't we talk about somethng else besides Perry?

he's such a peacock >:(  him and his friends from alberta >:(

they are all anti union and disgruntled >:(

i hate them, hate them, hate them :'(

Thank you, thank you 8) thank you very much ;D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 06:13:37 PM by okimlistening »

Offline Lee

• This side of Peace
Trial Board
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 06:29:30 PM »

I,m sure he's got a 40 ouncer ready.

enjoy. ;D

At least he's working and gots da mulla :o
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 10:01:04 PM by ForumRanger »

Offline REDONE

Trial Board
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 11:05:49 PM »

I realy don"t think He is work to hard for the membership but He does have our money.