News: IBEW Locals in 15 States and Provinces Have passed a Motion To Support The OMOV Proposal

• December 01, 2020, 11:36:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2020, 11:36:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Poll

Is the current dispatch system fair?

es
31 (19.7%)
o
126 (80.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author Topic: Out of Work List  (Read 63019 times)

Offline Eric Klyne

• Soon to be Freeman
  • YaBB God
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:18:51 PM by Eric Klyne »

Offline buzz

Re: Out of Work List
« Reply #451 on: July 30, 2010, 06:37:29 PM »
yes, i do agree that the 353 dispatch is bullsh*t.  we've got name hires,double books,secret dispatch,etc,etc,etc and no way of trackling it. we've got groups of bros who get on jobs and than get all there buddies name hired,is this good for the union??  with our high unemployment benefits are extended forever to anyone on the list,so you go and get a job nonunion 20-25 pr hr.  now a tender is released for a new construction project?  labour costs are always the most expensive part of a bid, Mr nonunion comes in at 20-25( + benefits covered by 353) and 353 contactor @ 50   WHO GETS THE JOB    WAIT I FORGOT??  THE I.B.E.W. BETTER TRAINED,BETTER QUILIFIED  so, this job will be  6 I.T.E and 2 or 3 pre-apprentices out of a 20 man(or woman) crew.  anybody want to be the foreman on this job,the only requirement is that you have a loaded gun in your mouth and are ready to pull the trigger???   YA...353 HAS PROBLEMS,HUGE DISPATCH ISSUES    TOMORROWS ISSUE " THE SUB-CONTRACTOR "

Offline blondliberal

• YaBB God
« Reply #452 on: July 30, 2010, 11:52:55 PM »
Buzz

Yikes.. too much info

Offline irish2

• YaBB God
« Reply #453 on: July 31, 2010, 10:21:13 AM »
                                                                                                                                                                                   I wonder how much longer our out of work  list will grow after the 12th Aug,remember some contractors told their workers that if jojo is not the bm they will have to close shop.
Now i know that was said to scare members to vote the way jojo wanted,so hopefully members remember that come next election.

Offline from the hall

« Reply #454 on: August 10, 2010, 12:56:56 AM »
About a month ago i asked on this thread what the differences were in the hiring policies of 424 and 353

my guess is.. the 353 brothers do not want to admit that 424 has the best hiring procedure in Canada... and probably the usa as well
thats a f#@&ing joke.the only good hiring system is THE BOOK SYSTEM. this BA to BA nonsense is nothing more than THEM trying to control US

Offline Jim Upper

• is it GTU or GFY
  • YaBB God
  • learning through debate
« Reply #455 on: August 10, 2010, 03:29:46 PM »
About a month ago i asked on this thread what the differences were in the hiring policies of 424 and 353

my guess is.. the 353 brothers do not want to admit that 424 has the best hiring procedure in Canada... and probably the usa as well
thats a f#@&ing joke.the only good hiring system is THE BOOK SYSTEM. this BA to BA nonsense is nothing more than THEM trying to control US
I wonder how much longer our out of work  list will grow after the 12th Aug,remember some contractors told their workers that if jojo is not the bm they will have to close shop.
Now i know that was said to scare members to vote the way jojo wanted,so hopefully members remember that come next election.
[/quote]

Buzz

Yikes.. too much info

in regards to
yes, i do agree that the 353 dispatch is bullsh*t.  we've got name hires,double books,secret dispatch,etc,etc,etc and no way of trackling it. we've got groups of bros who get on jobs and than get all there buddies name hired,is this good for the union??  with our high unemployment benefits are extended forever to anyone on the list,so you go and get a job nonunion 20-25 pr hr.  now a tender is released for a new construction project?  labour costs are always the most expensive part of a bid, Mr nonunion comes in at 20-25( + benefits covered by 353) and 353 contactor @ 50   WHO GETS THE JOB    WAIT I FORGOT??  THE I.B.E.W. BETTER TRAINED,BETTER QUILIFIED  so, this job will be  6 I.T.E and 2 or 3 pre-apprentices out of a 20 man(or woman) crew.  anybody want to be the foreman on this job,the only requirement is that you have a loaded gun in your mouth and are ready to pull the trigger???   YA...353 HAS PROBLEMS,HUGE DISPATCH ISSUES    TOMORROWS ISSUE " THE SUB-CONTRACTOR "

hurts to hear the truth about where our leadership has taken us, doesn't it
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 03:41:43 PM by Jim Upper »
Threats and lies are the work of the desperate people that attack me.  Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth~Albert Einstein  RIP

Offline kojack

« Reply #456 on: August 18, 2015, 09:57:57 PM »
Fair dispatch system, is suppose to treat all workers equal and all to follow the same rules on hiring and lay off procedures. Dispatch system that penalizes the worker with 140 days and doesn't take under consideration how long you have been working prior to that, and have name hires applying only to the hiring and not  to the lay off, in my opinion its not fair and I  am surprised that no one has looked into that.